System Development Associate
Career Level From:
Career Level To:
Enterprise Applications (50992241)
What You'll Do
A career at CNS can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on our nation. We recognize that excellent employees are absolutely critical for mission success, and to achieve that goal we are seeking a proven leader and experienced Software Engineer to help improve and optimize our mission critical systems. We are looking for you to apply your expertise through technical design, application development and implementation on mission critical systems. Help protect our national security interests at Pantex and have a career with a purpose!
Primary duties include design, development, security and testing of software using various products and technologies. Other duties, such as code optimization, business process analysis, architecture and design. You will utilize critical thinking to help maintain production operations, system troubleshooting and problem analysis. You will be part of a SCRUM team. You will be working closely with project shareholders to scope, estimate, and provide overall technical leadership to develop and implement high quality software solutions.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with functional and business team members, project management, enterprise architects, system engineers, and application developers to design and develop mission critical applications based on approved architecture and business requirements
- Design and implement innovative solutions to resolve complex IT and business problems
- Lead technical projects through effective communication with peers, customers and management
- Ensure solutions are well-engineered, optimized, operable, and maintainable while also ensuring adherence to defined project management policies, change management guidelines, cyber security requirements and software quality assurance processes
- Interface with IT project management to deliver solutions on schedule and within budget
This position will be located at the Pantex Plant in Amarillo, TX. The location requirement will be noted in the specific hiring requisition. Travel may be required but is minimal.
What You Can Expect
Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to national and global security
Top-notch, dedicated colleagues
Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization
Career advancement and professional development programs
Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and wellness initiatives
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor's degree in engineering/science/information technology discipline OR a Master's degree in engineering/science/information technology discipline.
Eight or more years of relevant education, training, and/or progressive experience may be considered to satisfy educational and years-of-experience requirements for this posting.
Preferred Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree/Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering/science/information technology or related discipline plus three or more years of relevant experience
- Full stack development or web applications
- Knowledge of cloud solutions and services and managing containerized applications
- Oracle or other relational database management systems with experience in SQL
- Integrated Development Environments such as IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse or Visual Studio
- Version control tool such as GIT, SVN, or other code repositories
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated success leading in a team environment
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, positive team environment
- Experience with ITIL processes and agile development
The minimum education and experience for the lowest career level in the job posting range are listed under Minimum Job Requirements. Successful candidates hired into a higher career level than the minimum in the range must meet the requirements listed in the job leveling charts for the career level into which they are being hired.
If a range of Career Levels is posted, i.e., Senior Associate to Senior Specialist, internal applicants already in one of the Career Levels would come across at their current Career Level. Internal applicants currently in a lower level Career Level would move to the lowest posted Career Level, and internal applicants in higher Career Levels may be considered, on an exception basis, to come across laterally based on the applicant's education and experience, and the scope of work being performed in the role.
Requires a Q clearance; however all qualified candidates will be considered regardless of their current clearance status. The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Q clearance is required.
Position may require entry into Materials Access Areas (MAA) and participation in the Human Reliability Program (HRP). If HRP is required, candidate must complete a counterintelligence-scope polygraph, pursuant to 10CFR 709. Medical requirements may apply.
CNS is a drug-free workplace. Candidates accepting a job offer will be required to pass a pre-placement physical, drug screening and background investigation. As an employee, you may be required to receive and maintain a security clearance from the United States Department of Energy in order to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information or matter. U.S. citizenship is a requirement for security clearance applicants. All employees are subject to being randomly selected for drug testing without advance notification.
CNS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, disability or veteran status.