UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County. Reporting to the VC-CFO, Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university. As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability.
Workplace Technology Services (WTS) is responsible for adopting, deploying, and maintaining campus-wide workplace services for faculty, staff, and students. This includes email, calendaring, web content management, signature, mobile technologies, collaboration services, and business intelligence.
As part of the Service Management Tools team, this position will be the senior technical member of a team responsible for development and maintenance of service and case management through the ServiceNow platform. The incumbent provides guidance and support to junior members of the team. Responsibilities include development of various applications within the ServiceNow platform as well as creating robust integrations with other technologies.
- Applies advanced IT professional concepts and campus/medical center/OP objectives to resolve highly complex issues in one or more IT areas of specialization where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Recommends and may select methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results.
- Serves as the technical platform lead of a large instance of ServiceNow in support of both ITS and distributed IT units across the campus. Uses a standard software development lifecycle to deploy ServiceNow modules to support the IT Service Management Roadmap.
- Maintains a high level of operational excellence across the ServiceNow applications.
- Is responsible for configuring ServiceNow modules and applications and providing mentorship to other ServiceNow platform developers. Works closely with the business units and IT teams to understand functional requirements and how ServiceNow can support best in class enterprise case and service management processes. We have a vision of developing an enterprise toolset that will drive automation, best practice, and innovation for all those we support.
Advanced skills associated with programming design, modification and implementation. Advanced knowledge of secure software development. Ability to create software specifications. As it applies to enterprise service and case management platforms and toolsets (ServiceNow, SalesForce, Atlassian, etc.)
Advanced knowledge, skills and abilities associated with system problem identification and resolution. Knowledge necessary to design, set up, operate and correct malfunctions involving technology systems. Experience in incident response and digital forensics, including data collection, examination and analysis. As it applies to enterprise service and case management platforms and toolsets (ServiceNow, SalesForce, Atlassian, etc.) and the integrations between them.
Thorough knowledge of business and process analysis functions. Knowledge of the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet business needs. Knowledge of SDLC, Lean Six Sigma and ITIL.
Familiarity with logical data design and data mapping or data conversion.
A Bachelor's Degree in related area with experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
Proven comprehensive understanding of how system management actions affect other systems, system users and dependent/related functions. Experience in data integration and the specification of data services.
Ability to understand and model complex knowledge-intensive processes such as scholarly and research processes. Knowledge and understanding of the relationships and integrations via Active Directory and other identity management systems, APIs, and other tools.
Job offer is contingent upon a satisfactory clearance based on background check results.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce.
This position is eligible for full benefits first day of hire:
a) Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
b) Vacation/holidays (15 vacation days & 13 paid holidays a year)
c) Work/Life Balance
d) UC Retirement Plan
e) Pet insurance
For more information about UCSD Benefits please click here and visit UCSD Work/Life.
To calculate an approximate value of the UC Total Compensation package, please click here.