NuTec specializes in designing, building, and integrating state of the art assembly automation solutions. NuTec has provided equipment to Fortune 100 companies and has installed equipment in 13 countries.
Currently we are looking for an experienced Controls Engineer.
This position requires employee to be on-site, this is not a remote position.
Work collaboratively to design, program, troubleshoot, and assist with startup of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic power and control systems for specialized automation machines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review sales and engineering information with project team and Electrical Engineering Manager. Check time and material budget. Notify Manager or Project Manager if engineering estimates differ from budget.
- Using input from the project design team (sales estimate, production requirements, customer requirements), work collaboratively with the Electrical Engineering Manager and/or other department members to define suitable system architectures for custom automation equipment. The architecture will include proper selection of a system controller (PLC, PAC, etc.); networking design, including selection of critical networking components; selection of input and output hardware; selection of motion control components; selection of safety interlocks and controllers; provision to integrate.
- Considering NEC, NFPA, any customer standards, and corporate standards, design circuit and layout drawings of control and power panels utilizing AutoCAD LT or AutoCAD Electrical.
- Considering NEC, NFPA, any customer standards, and corporate standards, design all fluid power circuitry (pneumatics, hydraulics) utilizing AutoCAD LT or AutoCAD Electrical.
- Utilizing internal standards, create organized bills of material for all designs. Inform the Project Manager of any long-lead items.
- Work collaboratively with the Electrical Engineering Manager and/or other department members to create software applications and configuration files for all programmable devices within the architecture. This includes PLC logic, operator interfaces, motion controllers, robotics, vision inspection systems, and other programmable process equipment.
- Understand and execute all applicable internal processes, especially those that relate to the quality management system.
- Check drawings prior to releasing to shop. Make sure they agree with mechanical design and customer requirements.
- Make sure drawings are functional to allow the electrical assembly department to do the job efficiently.
- Travel to customer’s facility for install and field service.
- Assist shop personnel in checking or trouble shooting equipment as required.
NuTec provides a competitive salary, paid time off, health, dental and vision options, and a generous 401k match.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
NuTec has developed zones for each area of the building, has developed separate breakrooms and a staggered schedule when possible, has provided masks, and requires employees to wipe down their areas regularly with disinfectant.
- automation engineering: 10 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible