BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
Provides engineering support to develop attachments, implements and accessories for all assigned products to increase the sales of Kubota products. Performs tasks of test fitting, performance testing, and test report writing completing the engineering release documentation.
This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws / regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Works with vendors to develop and release new attachments and accessories products to expand and enhance the Kubota brand.
- Develops and maintains technical information necessary to support new product releases such as, technical specifications, CAD drawings, whole good and part numbers, assembly instructions, fit-up and match test reports, cost, and product compatibility charts.
- Performs match testing on production orders to ensure newly developed products are supplied as indented and will meet the dealer’s and end user’s expectations.
- Develops a basic understanding of relevant standards and regulations used in our industry for all assigned products.
- Develops a fundamental understanding of top three competitive products for assigned products and understands key market applications for these products.
- Attends trade shows, industry compliance meetings and training sessions as needed, to expand product knowledge.
- Works to understand the root cause of service issues reported to Engineering.
- Provides safe and effective support for tool usage and mechanic skills as needed for new development projects.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical or Agricultural Engineering required.
- Basic engineering knowledge preferred.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to safely operate agricultural and construction equipment including the ability to train and be trained in the same.
- Proficiency using Word, Excel, and CAD software
- Able to manage projects and provide self-leadership when appropriate.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time, description, nature of service):
- Agricultural, construction, and other Kubota equipment including tractors, backhoes and utility vehicles and attachments.
- Maintain, modify, repair, and/or assemble equipment.
- Gather voice of the customer (VOC) details and to develop an industry understanding of present conditions and future changes.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The position will require walking, standing and sitting in field, shop, office and computer environments.
- Exposure to damp/wet conditions, chemicals, fumes, moving mechanical parts, electrical shock, and excessive noise level at times.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is provided and must be used.
The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification. This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended to include the current essential functions of the job. Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.