You don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.”
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? An exciting future at BAE Systems awaits and it starts with Year One— a unique experience to jumpstart your engineering career.
We are looking for entry level candidates (December 2020 or May 2021 Graduates) to join our ES Defense Hardware Engineering Team here at BAE Systems, Inc. BAE Systems is seeking entry level mechanical engineers to fill a variety of mechanical engineering positions based on your background, skill set and interest level. Beyond exciting work, each college hire in engineering will be part of our Year One program.
In this exciting role, you will enjoy opportunities to take on diverse and challenging work assignments, flexible scheduling with every other Friday off, an inviting and supportive culture, competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement for advanced degrees.
For those candidates in their first year after graduation, BAE’s Year One experience provides recent college graduates with a unique opportunities to jumpstart your engineering career. As part of the program, you explore different projects and technologies by participating in rotations. You also develop skills by receiving immediate mentorship from experienced managers and engineers, and participate in classes and workshops to expand your knowledge of yourself, technology and our company. Finally, you network and collaborate to make lasting connections with peers, co-workers and leadership.
Mechanical Engineering Job Description
1. Support Product Design. Provide Mechanical Engineering support to the design, development and selection of basic hardware components utilizing fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories and techniques. Assigned duties may include design and development of specific packaging modules, mechanisms or components to meet specified design requirements. May receive direction from senior engineering staff, and also may be responsible to provide direction to drafting.
2. Perform Mechanical Analyses. Obtain working knowledge of company standard analysis tools. Perform basic static, dynamic and heat transfer analyses of mechanical structures. Compile data for investigation by senior mechanical engineering personnel.
3. Support Verification/Validation of Design. Support the fabrication and environmental testing of design hardware. Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware. Support the environmental testing of hardware including: vibration, shock, thermal, fatigue and others as required. Document results for review by senior engineering personnel.
4. Prepare Documentation. Generate and review the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports and other documentation associated with the mechanical design. Generate and present design review packages for internal and external audiences.
5. Support Continuous Improvement. Acquire a working knowledge of ES Quality System and the Mechanical Design Process. Acquire up-to-date knowledge of developments in mechanical engineering disciplines.
6. Support to Sustainment. Provide Mechanical Engineering support to products in production. Manage material issues, perform root cause assessments of discovered issues. perform analysis as required to verify validity of proposed solutions.
** Please note:
Candidates for these positions will be considered for positions across the greater Nashua, NH area and various engineering hiring teams. **
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Ability to support design and development of hardware to ensure requirements
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and perform tolerance assessments
- Ability to perform basic thermal / dynamic analysis to ensure good design
- Good communication skills and organizational skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Seeking graduates with one or both of the following
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.