Azure Data Engineer
Within the data science technical delivery team, the data engineer delivers data science and analytics solutions, as well as components of the Enterprise Data Analytics platform (big data on Microsoft Azure Analytics or Cloudera). This is a data centric role, contributing to transforming data into business insights while building reusable data components across the enterprise
- Understand the business use of data to support work processes and strategic business objectives
- Leverage data, analytics and data science techniques to create business value through solution delivery and/or self-service enablement.
- Identifies, acquires, and cleanses/prepares/transforms data in alignment with defined data architecture patterns, reusability principles and business value objectives.
- Collaborates with data scientists to identify, build and integrate advanced analytics models into solutions.
- Enables the data scientists to develop the most advanced analytics models.
- Uses an agile approach (part of a scrum team) to develop analytic solutions and technical components of the platform (data ingestion, data preparation, analytics processing, visualization).
- Deploys solution including model, documentation, training, integration.
- B.S or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years industry experience, developing data products and/or analytics solutions (business intelligence and data warehousing, data science…)
- Software Engineering, coding
‒Experience in software engineering, Agile and DevOps methodologies and tools (Jira, Jenkins, VSTS/ADO).
‒Experience with programming languages / scripting tools (Java, Python, R, C, Spark).
‒Experience with information security management.
- Data Architecture, modeling and Integration
‒Experience in Analytics/Data Platforms and Data Products solution architecture (Hadoop, Azure Analytics).
‒Experience in Data Extract, Load and transformation technics and tools (Hadoop ecosystem, Azure Data Factory, Databricks).
‒Understanding of relational and dimensional data models.
- Data Visualization and Analytics
‒Experience with analytics solutions (Azure Analytics Paas/Saas).
‒Experience in Data Visualization (Spotfire, PowerBI).
‒Work productively in uncertain and fast changing environments. Finds opportunities in ambiguity; Embraces and adapts to change; adept of learning by doing.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving:
‒Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis, determine the root cause of problems and create alternative solutions to solve them in the best interest of the business
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- relevant: 6 years (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply