You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. In addition, BASF Canada Inc. was selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers (2019), Top Employers for Canadians Over 40 (2019), Canada's Top Family-Friendly Employers (2019) and Greater Toronto's Top Employers (2019). We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Production Engineer (1902971) - Regina
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the effective planning, implementation and control of assigned capital projects focusing on the effective utilization of contractor and engineering resources to bring assigned projects in on schedule and on budget. Also, gives support on engineering issues and checks all Management of Change (MOC), providing the consistent review of changes. Further assist in the coordination of production, maintenance, technical, capital investment, health and safety, environment, quality assurance, will require working collaboratively with the site employees within a “High Performance Team”.
Formula for Success
- Assist in the development and implementation of site capital plans in accordance with Corporate Engineering policy and subject to the operational requirements of the site.
- Participates in the basic and detailed scoping of the new and/or existing facilities. Performs detailed calculations, bid tabulation, project status and man-hour analysis and preparation of technical specifications.
- Work with the Site Leadership Team to minimize production downtime with construction activity interferences.
- Performs engineering project management work to include preparing budgets for maintenance projects, overseeing project execution, recommending contract change orders, preparing progress reports, and reviewing invoices and engaging TES Manager when authorizing payments.
- Liaise with operations for major production disruptions and process upset troubleshooting
- Review all MOCs and provide a consistent review of changes.
- Implement, design, and provide engineering support reviews regarding the site’s environmental issues.
- Provide Engineering support for the site’s Responsible Care initiatives.
Ø BS Degree in Engineering from accredited institution, preferably in Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Systems Engineering.
Ø Registered member of APEGS with P.Eng. designation or Engineer-in-Training with progress towards P.Eng. designation.
Ø Demonstrated experience with Project Management and Contracting.
Ø At least 3-5 years’ experience with manufacturing processes – Chemical process experience or specialization an asset.
Ø Expert in the use of Microsoft Office – knowledge of SAP and CAD an Asset.
Ø Knowledge of applicable Codes and Regulations e.g. – CSA, API, ASME
Ø Effective verbal and written communication abilities.
Ø Demonstrated ability to organize and plan.
Ø Demonstrated ability to respond to change and work within fluid situations.
Ø Knowledge of government safety and environment regulations.
Ø Ability to influence and manage without authority in a way that positively motivates colleagues in a collaborative way.
ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
N-APN/P-Engineering and Maintenance-63022066