Job Title: Sales Representative Job Category: Sales
Location: TBD – Home Office Travel Required: 80% +
Level/Salary Range: Base: $40K to $60K Position Type: Full Time
Commission: $40K at target, uncapped
Reports to: President Date Posted: 01/01/2020
Basic Function: The SALES REPRESENTATIVE will identify, prioritize, recruit, develop and maintain a distribution sales network for the company. The Sales Representative will be assigned a geographic sales territory but may also be tasked with special assignments outside the geographic territory. The
Sales Representative must be able to work remotely with little direct supervision to exceed established sales goals, limit and manage channel/customer conflict, train and develop customers to sell the BOSTD America’s products and regularly report sales activities and forecast using CRM software.
1. Identify, prioritize and cultivate potential distribution partners in the assigned territory with the objective of developing complete coverage of the territory with the most reliable distribution partners available.
2. Consistently exceed established sales and profitability targets.
3. Efficiently schedule travel to maximize customer interaction and generate results on each planned trip while minimize travel costs using established company guidelines and without exceeding the established expense budget.
4. Manage distribution partner conflict and channel conflict in a way that maximizes company sales in the territory and garners distributor loyalty.
5. Use CRM software consistently in accordance with company guidelines to manage sales activities, forecast, generate sales reports, etc.
6. Ensure that distribution partners are properly trained to sell company products and are supplied with adequate marketing samples, literature, technical manuals, etc.
7. Monitor distribution partner sales and inventories of company products and assist/encourage them to reorder as required.
8. Gather and distribute sales leads to distribution partners to generate loyalty and pull through sales.
9. Gather, organize and use market intelligence in the territory to ensure BOSTD America’s product line, pricing and customer service are better than the competition.
10. Conduct joint sales calls with distribution partners to generate BOSTD America product demand from Engineers, Contractors and Owners/Developers.
11. Provide basic technical support to distribution partners to assist with product submittals for sales opportunities and product approvals.
12. Identify and develop business cases for new BOSTD America products or product line extensions based on customer feedback. Present business cases to President for evaluation.
13. Maintain a positive, respectful relationship with all distribution partners in the territory to ensure that payments to BOSTD America are made on time and in full. Assist BOSTD America with collection of past due accounts receivable from distribution partners.
14. Through self-study, company training, outside courses and conferences, the Sales
Representative must train themselves to be an expert in the application of BOSTD America products to solve construction problems and/or save construction time and money.
15. Identify, prioritize and provide recommendations to the President related to industry association memberships, conference attendance, marketing initiatives, etc. required to support sales.
1. As required by the President from time to time.
Qualifications: The SALES REPRESENTATIVE must have at least five years of successful experience in construction product sales through a distribution network or construction product sales working for a distributor. The position requires self-directed work with very little direct supervision. The Sales
Representative must be results oriented, well organized, tenacious, outgoing and a possess a good understanding of sales principals. A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related fields is preferred.
Working Conditions: The SALES REPRESENTATIVE will be expected to maintain a home office, free from non-business distraction as well as clean, well maintained transportation. The company will provide reimbursement for company related expenses including reimbursement for use of the SALES
REPRESENTATIVE’s personal vehicle at the current published IRS mileage rate. The Sales
Representative is expected to travel to customer locations, events, conferences, etc. as required
(80%+ of total time). Normal working hours will depend on customer needs and progress toward meeting sales objectives. However, home and/or periodic weekend or evening work should be expected as required to complete all Principal Accountabilities and meet management expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Construction Product Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance