Bigger, Better, Broadwind!
We have an amazing opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join the Broadwind Engineering team at our Manitowoc facility, an easy drive from multiple locations… Green Bay, DePere, Sheboygan, Brillion and more. Work with outstanding engineering leadership. Play a role in developing the newest wind towers for the Green Energy movement. Design large scale components for the mining industry, ASME pressure vessels and offshore marine equipment. We build things most companies can’t even move.
In this engineering role, you will be a key team member for a design and manufacturer of large machined fabrications and assemblies. Responsibilities include designing products and tooling, management and continuous improvement of a CAD system, and interacting with internal and external customers on technical topics.
Your duties and functions would include:
Qualifications required for this role include:
- Provides design and technical support for all manufacturing processes and development
- Creates designs and documentation from internal and external customers’ requirements and specifications
- Assists in developing cost estimates to manufacture a new or redesigned product
- Performs engineering changes to drawings, standard work and work aids
- Works with other engineering personnel or clients to exchange ideas, information, or offer technical advice
- Administers SolidWorks CAD/PDM system, and develops tools to automate repetitive processes
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science or Associates Degree in Mechanical Design or directly related experience preferred
- Experience in a design/manufacturing organization required
- 2 yrs. for those with a Bachelors
- 5+ yrs. for those with an Associates
- 10+ yrs. for those without a degree * Experience with a combination of the following is desired:
- Manufacturing Engineering - metal fabrication, welding, machining, painting, and assembly
- Entry / Maintenance of Manufacturing data within a MRP System
- SolidWorks Administration and experience using SolidWorks API for macro creation
- Tolerance evaluation, basic Strength of Materials calculations
- Lean Principles; continuous improvement or Six Sigma
- 3D Modeling experience required, SolidWorks preferred
- Interpretation of mechanical drawings, GD&T, and other tolerancing methods
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with a variety of people at all levels
- Solid communication skills and able to work with people in all departments and at all levels
- Able to analyze existing or potential problems and present suggestions for solutions to leadership
- Strong attention to detail
Broadwind Energy is a precision manufacturer of structures, equipment and components for critical applications across a number of industries. We offer a full package of benefits and rewards.
Broadwind Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more, please visit our website at www.bwen.com.