We are an online auction company specializing in surplus/used medical and industrial equipment. We help our clients recover market value in the sales of their assets and inventory.
We are looking for an experienced digital marketer to advertise our auctions and take our marketing efforts to the next level. This position is only available to Austin residents but the work can be done almost entirely remotely.
Please keep in mind that we are a small company but with a lot of room for growth. We have been in business for a long time in a very traditional industry, but now under new management, we are planning on becoming a national player by improving our brand, growing our client base and reaching a much wider audience. The right person for this job is expected to lead the way in our advertising and marketing efforts without much supervision.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Product research: a large portion of this job includes researching the different types of products that we auction in order to determine market value and target audience
- Build and manage our weekly email communications to our clients. We currently use Constant Contact but we are moving to Hubspot
- Develop and maintain a professional online presence for the company by improving the content and the look and feel of our websites. We do have a programmer that handles the back-end but we do expect you to be comfortable working with CMS. We use Squarespace.
- Identify and execute best online advertising channels to bring awareness to our auctions via social media, paid advertising, etc.
- Monitor KPIs and work with management to optimize marketing efforts
- Work closely with management, cosigners, and vendors to make sure company brand is effectively communicated and our auctions are being advertised effectively to the right audience
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Creation of print and digital content: email campaigns, corporate announcements, etc.
- Fluent in online marketing best practices: SEO, Social Media, Paid Ads, Analytics Tracking, etc.
- Firm understanding of marketing principals: Branding, Market Segmentation, etc.
- User experience optimization
- Ability to work independently and manage responsibilities with no direct supervision
Please mention your level of expertise/comfort, if any, with the following. These are not requirements but we would like to know if you have had any experience in these areas.
- SquareSpace (other CMS?)
- Source Version Control
- Any programming experience
- Any experience working closely with or leading software developers
- ASP.NET MVC
- Any sales experience (B2B, B2C, Retail, Telemarketing)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary based on experience
- Group Health Insurance
- Quarterly bonuses based on company and individual performance
*Any offers of employment will be subject to pre-employment screening, which includes background and reference checks
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- marketing: 3 years (Required)
- Austin, TX 78701 (Required)
- What is your current/last job title, number of years at the job, compensation, reason for leaving if applicable? What is your expected pay range?
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity