SUMMARY OF POSITION - Seeking skilled RPG IV developer with recent RPG / AS400 coding experience.
Strong preference will be given to coders who have performed development within Pension or Insurance applications and who have used browser based or GUI development software.
- Codes new RPGLE programs and modifies/enhances existing RPG programs using the more recent (RPG IV) version of the RPG language
- Designs software applications and modules in web base
- Writes programs based on system specifications
- Unit tests RPG applications. Test code and fixes to ensure quality
- Troubleshoots and debugs existing code and systems to identify and resolve issues.
- Implements newly created code and fixes into existing software
- Estimates development duration for RPG coding work
- Communicates needs, goals, and milestones with appropriate project team members.
- Document/Design Flow of new and existing code
- Solid RPG IV programming and analysis skills with ability to demonstrate programs recently developed in current version(s) of RPG
- Accounts Receivable or Insurance Industry programming experience strongly preferred
- IBM iSeries AS400 experience
- In-depth understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with browser based and/or Profound Logic software application a plus
- Strong technical background
- Ability to identify and understand complex problems/issues and develop solutions.
- Ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with other resources
- Ability to work in other programming languages a plus
- Knowledge of EDI 834, 835 and 837 files a plus
- Knowledge of XML a plus
- Eligible to work on site at employer’s premises in South Atlanta, Ga
Job Type: Full Time OR Contract
- RPG IV: 5+ years
- As400: 8+ years
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
PPE, Social distancing, masks required if not vaccinated.