Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm founded more than five decades ago. We approach engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available and learn how best to integrate “smart” solutions into the current landscape to make them a part of resilient and sustainable planning. Our combination of talent and experience generates unprecedented solutions for diverse and iconic projects around the globe.
- Design of electrical distribution systems and equipment
- Creating construction drawings using Microstation; AutoCAD experience is also preferable
- Working in client management systems Cegis-Ted mandatory, GE Smallworld GIS, Poleforeman, and other utility software packages
- Designing overhead and underground electric, coaxial, and fiber optic cables
- Secondary low voltage projects, 4kv projects, 13kv projects, 15kv projects, 22kv projects, 25kv projects, and 33kv projects, 34kv projects
- Designing overhead and underground communication facilities, including manholes, and pedestal locations
- Prepare electrical single line diagrams and electrical arrangement and circuit drawings
- Associate's Degree required (AAS Electrical Engineering Technology preferred)
- 8+ years of work experience
- Essential Software tools: AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Computer skills required: Standard MS Office Applications, AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Industrial/commercial electrical power distribution systems and equipment design up to 35 kv (35,000 volts)
- Knowledge of equipment (such as motors, motor starters and disconnects, MCC’s, VFD’s, etc.) conduit and conductor sizing for basic power distribution system design for equipment circuits up to 480 volts
- Knowledge of receptacle and lighting circuit design for interior and exterior applications
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC) requirements
Why Work With Us?
At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, offers many opportunities to help you build your career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed Hire and Pennoni are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- AutoCAD and Microstation: 1 year (Required)
- related work: 8 years (Required)
- National Electric Code (NEC): 1 year (Preferred)
- Newark, DE: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)