Plan, develop, coordinate, and manage onsite construction engineering activities for various projects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage project engineering and related personnel functions and activities. Includes personnel planning and administration, work assignments, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Ensure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule (Primavera P6).
- Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of deign conflicts; contractibility reviews, etc.
- Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents (submittals, RFI’s, expediting material deliveries, payment of Subcontractors/Vendors and Owner pay requests).
- Represent company, project and/or department during A/E, client and project management meetings.
- Interface all on-site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule.
- Oversee all pre-construction services, design build services, and business development for the project.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Education and Experience:
- 4-year engineering or construction management degree or equivalent technical training and related experience.
- Minimum of five years similar construction engineering experience.
- Marine experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc., plus an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is preferred.
Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Job Type: Full-time