Database Developer – Laramie, WY, or Fort Collins, CO
Trihydro Corporation, a mid-sized engineering and environmental consulting firm with a national footprint, is seeking a dynamic, talented software engineer to join our team. This position will focus on database design and development, as well as software development.
Improving our communities and the environment is at the heart of Trihydro’s mission. We achieve our mission by empowering our employees to develop solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. We understand our employees are our number one asset; treating them as such has fostered a strong company culture that has spurred our growth and diversification over the past 35 years. We need motivated team members who are interested in supporting our continued pursuit of our mission, growth and diversification.
As a member of our team, you will help maintain and improve existing database solutions as well as play an integral part in designing and implementing database solutions for new products. In addition to database work the ideal applicant will also be well versed in software development and backend service integration. Users should be aware of databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, and Cosmos.
In this role you will have responsibilities for database design, development, and management with software development as time allows and suits your skills/interest. Responsibilities include…
· Database Responsibilities
o Maintain and improve existing databases solutions
o Design and development new database management solutions
o Execute data migrations using ETL processes
o Perform database maintenance tasks such as creating database backup and recovery plans, performance monitoring, and database tuning (performance).
o Monitor and maintain database security and authentication
o Installing, upgrading and managing database servers
o Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
o Manage data replication, backup and recovery
o Follow current and evolving practices and help apply them to existing database solutions
o Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for database management
· Software Development Responsibilities
o Well versed in object-oriented software languages such as C# or Java
o Design and build data-drive applications
o Focus on Database interaction and data operations (CRUD)
o Knowledgeable of data structures and associated performance
o Well versed in Agile development
o REST service development
You will have the option to be based in either Laramie, WY or Fort Collins, CO. Both offices are situated in great communities that provide ready access to multiple recreational opportunities, opportunities associated with state colleges, and Mountain West Living. Laramie is home to Trihydro’s Corporate Headquarters, while our Fort Collins office is located in a thriving community offering almost limitless activities.
We encourage you to apply if you:
· Have a B.S. in Computer Science or related field
· Haveknowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and NoSQL databases
· Have experience developing in object-oriented programming languages
· Have familiarity of cloud-based data management systems
· Have a strong understanding and knowledge of database management systems including data structures, efficient database design, and queries
· Have data analyst/mining skills using Python, R or Java
· Possess strong technical and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail, accuracy and completeness, and a commitment to producing high-quality deliverables
· Are a strong communicator, both orally and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with clients, agencies, and team members
· Understand the importance of time management and possess excellent organization skills
This job is for you if:
· You desire career-growth opportunities and are interested in playing an integral role in a growing team and company.
· You want to be part of a dynamic company that treats team members like family.
· You value working with others to achieve goals that make a difference to our clients and our communities.
· You assume ownership of your work and take pride in producing high-quality deliverables.
At Trihydro, our approach to work is honest and hard-working. You’ll find a company culture that is dedicated to excellence, nurtures collaboration and growth, and still finds plenty of time for fun! Some of the benefits of joining our team includes:
· A robust health insurance program (medical, dental, vision, and prescription).
· An industry-leading 401(k) retirement plan, including a 6% discretionary match by Trihydro.
· Comprehensive paid time off including vacation, flex, sick, and holiday pay.
· A wellness program, including reimbursement for gym membership or related expenses.
· Staff mentoring and opportunities for professional/career advancement.
· A best-in-class safety culture built to protect our employees – the mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters who deserve to go home safely each night.
This is a full-time position averaging 40-45 hours per week. Interested candidates should apply at https://www.trihydro.com/about-us/careers with their application, resume, and cover letter addressed to Trihydro’s Recruiting Team.
Trihydro is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected Veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- Agile development: 1 year (Required)
- C# or Java: 1 year (Required)
- REST service development: 1 year (Required)
- knowledge of NoSQL databases; i.e. MongoDB: 1 year (Required)
- database design & development: 1 year (Required)
- ETL processes: 1 year (Required)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job