CIVIL ENGINEERING PROFESSIONALS - EI TO PE
Job Function (major duties to be performed):
- Zoning reviews - Review of municipal zoning and land development ordinances and applicable agency regulations to determine land development limitations for the property.
- Site Investigation & Due Diligence - Includes the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations and site visits to establish comprehensive development guidelines.
- Preparation of Concept Drawings - based upon client's development objectives and conclusions of due diligence. Involves preparation of concept plan, including coordination with AutoCAD draftsmen.
- Design of Stormwater Management & Stormwater Conveyance Systems - including use of AutoCAD/LDD. Skills should include preparation of pipe sizing calculations for stormwater conveyance systems including drainage area maps, surface runoff coefficients, invert, slope, velocity & hydraulic grade line evaluation using the Rational Method & Manning's Equation. Knowledge of stormwater management design regulations should include DEP, County, SCD and governing municipality.
- Grading Design - to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis, and site safety is accomplished through the use of appropriate design slopes.
- Design of Utility Systems - including stormwater conveyance, sanitary sewer service, pump station design, water, gas, telephone service, etc. Also involves determination and resolution of vertical and horizontal utility conflicts that may exist.
- Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Design - including stability calculations, Best Management Practices, swale design, spillway design, and determination of construction sequence.
- Preparation of written correspondence - Outside agencies, client, attorney, contractor, etc. Also includes preparation of technical reports including drainage, sanitary sewer and site investigation reports.
Minimum Qualifications :
- A Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Self starter, can work independently and with team members
- 1yr of experience
Job Preferences :
- Grading and drainage design skills, including school curriculum
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Required)