This Contract Position is with one of our direct clients. Please reach out to Pratichi- pjhala(at)divihn(dot)com for more details about this position. You can also call Pratichi at (630) 847 0267
Title: Senior Project/Controls Engineer
Duration: 1 Year
Job Type: Contract, 100% Onsite Role
- Client's technology and automation are cutting edge. It is the U.S. sole source for plastic pour bottles, glass IV, and various reconstitution devices.
This facility produces several major product lines with a diverse array of automated manufacturing technologies ranging from bottle solution filling, injection molding, and device assembly.
- Our plant has been an integral part of the location for over 60 years.
The work is challenging and rewarding, as we offer competitive compensation and benefits. we encourage and value every employee and believe that all can make contributions toward advancing healthcare for patients; work to be proud of.
About the Position:
- This position is a key role in Injection Molding and Devices. The primary focus will be on implementing equipment refurbishment projects for a Contract Manufacturing Operation. Additional focus will also be on manufacturing equipment reliability and process support work within the Injection Molding and Devices Operations as well as supporting the launch of a product re-design and capacity expansion. Cross-functional project management will be involved in this role as well.
- The contract duration should be for 12 months with the option to extend to 24 months depending on the final approved project scope, timeline, and funding.
- Specific project work for this contract opportunity will include –
o Upgrading obsolete hardware on existing automated assembly machines (new pressure decay testers, ultrasonic welders, silicone dispensing equipment).
o Support of procurement and qualification of new injection mold tooling.
o Validation/Qualification activities for new molds, machines, assembly equipment.
o Assist Project Manager with required project planning, project controls, and procurement work
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize engineering principles to design/modify precision assembly and/or manufacturing equipment.
- Provide controls expertise to support installation planning on equipment to be retrofitted or refurbished.
- Manage projects and coordinate validation to ensure minimal invasion to equipment and downtime of operation during retrofit/refurbishment.
- Procure equipment and vendor resources for application support at installation and validation.
- Prepare refurbishment schedules and manage tasks and coordinate validation tasks to minimize equipment downtime.
- Interface with plant and corporate groups as well as contractors and vendors.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of employees and functions such as quality, validation, manufacturing, purchasing, maintenance, etc.
- Manage installation, start-up, debug, and commission of existing/refurbished manufacturing processes.
- Support validation activities like hardware and software testing.
- Support product life cycle management including product design changes, material changes, Supplier Notice of Change (SNC) assessments, specification changes, etc.
- Provide technical support/troubleshooting to all plant departments.
- Demonstrate proactive communication and problem-solving.
- Responsible for adhering to FDA Design Control standards at all times.
- Responsible for adhering to and maintaining all department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), forms, logbooks.
- Perform process reviews and prepare technical reports detailing equipment operation and preventative maintenance.
- Develop User Requirement Specifications, Technical Specifications, and Design Specifications for new equipment or upgrades to existing equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Must be able to meet all cleanroom garbing & personnel protective equipment (PPE) requirements for areas of manufacturing where work needs to be done.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some overtime work on nights and weekends as needed to support manufacturing/project activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required. (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Computer degrees are preferred)
- 7+ years of Engineering / Manufacturing experience required. FDA manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Programming/troubleshooting experience with automation controls, automated assembly, control systems, PLC’s, HMI’s, servo’s, and vision inspection systems is required.
- Design software experience (like AutoCAD, Solid Works, etc.) is preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification or industry-standard equivalent is preferred.
- Plastic injection molding experience is a plus.
- Project Management skills and experience (including Microsoft Project software) are a plus.
- Lean Manufacturing skills and experience are a must
What are you top three to five technical skill wants?
PLC ladder logic programming experience with Allen Bradley Based PLCs
HMI programming experience with Allen Bradley Based HMIs
Ultrasonic Welding Experience, Herrmann, Branson
Pressure Decay and Mass Flow testing for sterility barrier / functional testing using 1-5 psi air, CTS, USON, etc
Medical Manufacturing Experience is a Plus
- What are your top three to five soft skills wants?
Good communication was written and oral
Vendor and customer interfacing skills
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $70.00 - $75.00 per hour
- Project Management skills: 5 years (Preferred)
- Engineering / Manufacturing: 7 years (Required)
- AutoCAD, Solid Works: 5 years (Preferred)
- PLC ladder logic programming: 5 years (Preferred)