Civil Engineer - Project Manager/Senior Engineer – Cheyenne, WY
Trihydro, a mid-sized engineering and environmental consulting firm with a national footprint, is seeking a dynamic, talented senior engineer to join our team. This role offers an opportunity to expand the company’s presence in Cheyenne, with a focus on developing civil engineering and infrastructure work for regional public and private sectors. If you have a knack for building and maintaining relationships and an interest in seeking new projects, this is the position for you. You will serve as a mentor for junior-level staff while leading design work and representing Trihydro in client engagements and within the Cheyenne community.
Improving our communities and the environment is at the heart of Trihydro’s mission. We achieve our mission by empowering our employees to develop solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. We understand our employees are our number one asset, and treating them as such has fostered a strong company culture that has spurred growth and diversification over the past 36 years. Experienced civil engineers who can lead teams through projects of all sizes and levels of complexity are a critical factor in Trihydro’s continued ability to partner with clients, providing solutions.
As a member of our team, you will develop civil infrastructure solutions, supporting sustainable growth for generations to come. Work sectors may include water and wastewater systems and treatment, stormwater, transportation, and grading solutions. You will interact with existing clients and develop relationships with new clients. Through your work, you will be integrated into a thriving team environment, developing projects and client relationships, and fostering employee growth.
In this role, you will have responsibilities such as business development, client relationship management, project management; developing design calculations and detailed construction plan sets; permitting; data review; construction administration; technical report and proposal writing; quality control/quality assurance reviews; and mentoring staff.
Due to the role’s focus on relationship building and mentorship, the position will be based out of Trihydro’s Cheyenne, Wyoming office. Applicants who have local knowledge of Cheyenne and the surrounding area are strongly preferred. Cheyenne offers a growing community, access to numerous outdoor recreation activities, and opportunities associated with local state and community colleges. Cheyenne has a regional airport and is within 1.5 hours of Denver International Airport, for easy air travel access.
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Have 10 - 15+ years of relevant engineering design experience. Relevant experience includes designing civil infrastructure and water and/or wastewater systems, such as water transmission, storage, water distribution; pump stations, sanitary sewer systems, water and wastewater treatment systems, stormwater drainage, transportation for rural and urban roads, civil site design, and other civil projects
- Are a strong communicator, both orally and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members
- Are a Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Have experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D, OpenRoads Designer, and/or related CAD programs
- Have experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Possess strong technical and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail, accuracy and completeness, as well as a commitment to producing high-quality deliverables
- Have an interest in maintaining existing client relationships, as well as developing new client relationships
- Have an interest and ability to travel to client locations and other Trihydro offices
- Understand the importance of time management and possess excellent organization skills
- Have a strong driving record and a commitment to safe operations
This role offers:
- Career-growth opportunities and a front seat in growing the team and company
- A dynamic company culture that treats its team members like family
- Opportunities to achieve goals that make a tangible difference to our clients and communities
At Trihydro, our approach to work is honest and hard-working. You’ll find a company culture that is dedicated to excellence, nurtures collaboration and growth, and still finds plenty of time for fun. Some benefits of joining our team include:
- Robust health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and prescription)
- Industry-leading 401(k) retirement plan, including a 6% discretionary match by Trihydro
- Comprehensive paid time off including vacation, comp/flex, sick, and holiday pay
- Paid family leave
- Wellness program, including reimbursement for gym membership, park passes, or related expenses
- Staff mentoring and opportunities for professional/career advancement
- Best-in-class safety culture built to protect our employees – the mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters who deserve to go home safely each night
This is a full-time position averaging 40-45 hours per week. Interested candidates should apply at https://www.trihydro.com/about-us/careers with their application, resume, and cover letter addressed to Trihydro’s Recruiting Team. Call Jessica at 307-745-7474 today to schedule a virtual Q&A session.
Trihydro is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected Veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- relevant civil engineering design: 10 years (Preferred)
- CAD programs: 1 year (Preferred)
- hydrologic and hydraulic modeling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (PE) License (Preferred)