Job Description ENTRY LEVEL
Gigaphoton USA – Technical Support Engineer
Provide onsite Service support through the performance of installations, upgrades, repairs and maintenance of semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Troubleshoot and repair issues directly or with the support of senior technical support engineers. Act as customer service advocate, with proficiency in instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of Gigaphoton U.S. products. Work in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Analyze, diagnose and troubleshoot equipment problems at customer site.
· Perform installations, repair, retrofit, upgrade and maintenance equipment installed at customer sites.
· Travels as required for the purposes of performing service activities at customer sites or backfilling for other Service Engineers.
· Completes service and expense reports as defined by internal process documentation.
· Maintain and manage an assigned installation equipment base. This includes providing primary support, forecasting, conducting customer support meetings and ensuring regular communication with the customer.
· Perform overtime and on call work after hours if necessary
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to analyze data and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats
· Excellent customer service skills, with an understanding of customer relationship building.
· Technical knowledge of electronics
· Ability to facilitate resolution of technical challenges.
· Work as a team member in challenging environment
· Demonstrate Proficiency using the following software packages: Excel, Word, Power Point, Internet Protocol, and computer networking
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Prefer an Associate Degree in Laser Electro Optics, experience a plus or a Bachelor's Degree in a technical field
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
While performing the duties of this job,
· the employee is regularly required to sit; stand, climb stairs, and work in demanding environments
· Must use two hands and fingers to feel, touch and use small tooling to make adjustments on equipment.
· Must be able handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms due to critical adjustments to equipment
· Due to working environment must be able talk or hear
· The employee is required to stand and walk for hours
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year