1200 Bruce Street
Crookston, MN 56716
Phone: (800) 253-0457
Summary: Lead construction staff in fabrication and assembly. Increase production assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards. This position includes hiring, training, and supervision of shop personnel, oversite of maintenance and DOT recordkeeping. You will work closely with our Chief Operating Officer, Project Manager, and other staff to make manufacturing-wide strategic decisions to meet production goals. This position is based in our Crookston Headquarters.
Eickhof's Core Values:
- Positive Attitude – Ask “why not?” before we ask “Why”
- Excellence – Good is not enough
- Integrity – Do what is right, not what is easy
- Caring About – The Customer – Do what is right for the customer
- Teamwork – No one does this alone
- Supervision – Schedule, assign, and oversee the work of production personnel. Oversee construction; fabrication; assembly; and monitoring of time standards. Aid in determining procedures and instructions to be followed according to design specifications and required materials.
- Hiring production and installation personnel – Review applications and interview qualified applicants.
- Training – Oversee new employee training including proper techniques, monitor progress. Assist in developing and maintaining work instructions for fabrication, assembly, loading, and installation of product. Help identify and implement improved methods for assembly, fabrication, and installation of columbarium product. Designate and train shop employees to carry out required assembly procedures.
- Document Review – Review drawings, Inventory sheets, and various reports to ensure accurate and timely production.
- Loading Truck/trailer – Oversee loading of products and materials for installation trips. Help remotely solve problems that may arise in the field.
- Quality – Participate in design review of products to identify problems that may affect quality and manufacturability; ensure that quality is a primary consideration in all new designs or design changes. Assist in developing methods and procedures for inspection of materials including stone, statues, etc. received for projects. Report any damage or discrepancies in the material received to the responsible party. Responsible for a 100% quality product leaving the shop floor for delivery.
- Maintenance - Responsible for keeping manufacturing facility, equipment, tools, and vehicles organized and in good repair. Perform routine maintenance; obtain outside professional service when required.
- Safety – Establish and maintain effective safety program. Conduct safety training of shop employees; monitor work practices; identify and correct safety hazards and conditions
- 5S - Establish and lead the initiatives for a shop atmosphere that is neat and orderly
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in management of production workforce
- Good understanding of fabrication and assembly fundamentals
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft Office including WORD, EXCEL, Outlook, and PowerPoint, AUTOCAD and SolidWorks
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with changing priorities
- 3 years’ experience in production management role
About Eickhof Columbaria Inc.
Eickhof Columbaria has spent over 35 years developing a better way to engineer, design, and fabricate columbaria. Columbaria are above ground memorial structures for the final resting place of cremated remains. We have an attitude that fosters a company culture of constant improvement and that attitude, along with our experience is the reason we have columbaria in nearly all 50 states. They are installed at churches, cemeteries, higher learning institutions, retirement communities, homesteads, and Buddhist temples.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location