Who Are We: Autajon Packaging is a division of the Autajon Group, a global leader in manufacturing of folding cartons, labels, set-up boxes and POS for various market sectors. Today, the Autajon Group, represented by 36 companies located in 10 countries is catering to the needs of small companies and some of the most prestigious international brands.
At Autajon Packaging, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our remarkable growth comes from our world class employees who step up to the challenge of achieving tough goals and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
Autajon Packaging is seeking an experienced and dynamic Packaging Engineer at our Nashua location in Nashua, New Hampshire to be responsible for providing operations with clear and reliable production specifications derived from customer requirements and, in general, provide technical support to the Operations and Sales teams as need be.
What is the Vision, Strategy, and Leadership needs?
- Maintain Autajon Packaging's ERP system database in which process specifications are archived and make them available to operation employees across the plant.
- Serve as an interim addition and backup to the Sr. CAD Designer for day to day functions, special projects and for coverage purposes as needed.
- Identify, specify and order stamping, embossing and die cutting tooling and specific supplies necessary for the performance of each job.
- The Tooling function is directly attributed to the CAD Department.
- Design corrugated pack-outs for all new projects.
- Ensure job bags are completed with accurate and reliable instructions while seeking approval from the Production Managers as required.
- Ensure accuracy of production database specifications and integrity of data through continuous maintenance and operational feedback.
- Analyze customer requirements and specifications for new projects in order to identify production challenges from capability, capacity and quality standards.
- Active participation in technical meetings with operational managers.
- As needed, interact with customers for matters related to technical issues, requirements and specifications.
- Contribute to Autajon's drive for continuous improvement by providing creative ideas/solutions to existing quality and operational challenges as needed.
Requirements : High School diploma or GED.
- Advanced level of knowledge using Artios CAD software.
- Proficient level of English – Verbal & Written.
- Proficient in computer office applications which includes Autajon's ERP system.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a high level of initiative, flexibility and confidentiality.
- Packaging Engineering or Packaging Science degree.
- 3-4+ years of folding carton experience.
- Ability to understand complex technical customer requirements.
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on ERP systems, CAD and estimating software.
- Excellent organizational, analytical skills and attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
- Packaging: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative