Job Purpose: Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities and assist in the administration of the department in compliance with all corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and employees. Supervise the day-to-day operations. Recommend and implement procedural changes. Monitor and control expenses.
Ideal candidate will have at least four (4) years of previous hotel Chief Engineering or Engineering Management experience. Must be skilled in HVAC, electrical, carpentry, drywall, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment.
- A minimum of 4 years building maintenance experience required, with hotel/multi-unit experience preferred. Previous engineering management experience required.
- Experience in plumbing, electrical and mechanical is preferred.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to write routine reports, keep logs, and correspondence and possess the ability to speak effectively with customers and associates.
- The ability to deal with internal and external guests with a high level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be guest service focused and understand expectations of hospitality demands.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess strength and desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Working knowledge of building systems, including life-safety systems, is preferred for this position.
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules (i.e. Lockout Tag out, JSA's), safety awareness information (i.e., MSDS) operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout hotel.
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Communicate with hotel department heads to become aware of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests.
- Service the hotel pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
- Maintain the building exterior and curb appeal (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, and gardening).
- Maintain franchise standards and follow-up on inspection deficiencies.
- Coordinate compliance of service contracts.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance program.
- Implement and maintain engineering department minimum standards.
- Assist with annual Capital Plan development.
- Actively participate in Safety Plan and energy improvements.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by management
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- South Burlington, VT 05403: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location