ATNi’s US Telecom division has a vision of enriching the lives of rural Americans by bringing superior communications services to all. Here, we truly believe that everyone deserves to be connected and we are determined that no person is denied access to modern communications services simply because they live in rural America. Our employees strive, every day, to bring connectivity solutions to areas that others have left behind. In order to do that, we have built an exceptional team of people that are tenacious, creative, customer-focused, proud, and cost conscious – could you be the next to join the team and make a major impact on lives across America?
One thing that all wireless companies have in common is that reliable and cost effective transport network are key to customer satisfaction. The reliability ensures that customers are delighted with our service and the low cost gives us the ability to pass those savings onto our customers. In your job you will be able to impact both. You will be responsible for managing transport for Atlantic Tele-Network’s properties with focus on finding more reliable and cost effective options to those currently in place including microwave path engineering & design. If you would like to support roll out of 4G technologies from backhaul and long haul perspective this job might be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, Procure, and Manage the installation of Microwave, Fiber, and Copper Transport systems supporting any new, migration or growth of Cell Sites, PSTN Trunking, Core connectivity supporting 2G/3G/4G Data and Data Network needs inclusive of Direct Internet Access, SIP connectivity.
- Creation of Statement of Work and Scopes to assist implementation on the solutions above.
- Identify and pursue new transport options On-Net and with Off-Net providers to ensure high reliability and low cost. And then analyze and forecast capacity utilization to maintain appropriate capacity.
- Perform least cost routing designs, implement grooms, diversity analysis, and disconnect management to provide the most cost efficient and reliable networking transport for the company.
- Utilize network equipment auditing and capacity analysis and forecasting, for budget management and forecasting.
- Documentation, Inventory and Maps of company owned networks, systems and units in operation into inventory system.
- Vendor management & selection of equipment providers.
- Business Case development and recommendations.
- Manage Interconnection Agreements and legal review analysis.
- Handle CLLI Code and Point Code requests, initiation of third party ASR facility orders and initiation of Interconnection Agreements.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Job Entry Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field and 3 years professional work experience or 7 years professional level related
- Experience in Telecommunications industry, specifically in the design, management or procurement of Microwave, Fiber and Copper based networks.
- Knowledge of MEF & VPL Ethernet, SONET, TDM Transports speeds and interconnections, industry carriers and transport providers
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of Microwave, Copper, and Fiber Optic Transport systems, Interfaces and cabling specifications.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work with little or no supervision.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills, and who can handle multiple projects and a diverse range of co-worker personalities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office platform including Visio
- Travel, less than 25% of the time.
- Previous experience with Oracle’s Metasolv Product (Inventory Management System)
- Experience with any Microwave equipment of the following vendors: Aviat, Siklu, Nokia, DragonwaveX, Ceragon, and Cambium
- Experience with Path Loss 5.0 Tool for Engineering MW paths.
- Knowledge of IP and Ethernet Transport protocols, interfaces and Routing protocols.
- Knowledge of Transport testing methodologies RFC2544, y.1731
- Knowledge of WDM, CWDM, DWDM, CDMA, GSM and LTE technologies.
ATNi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.