The purpose of this position is to function as a Supplier Integration/Full-Service Supplier Design Engineer. Incumbents are expected to reside at a customer location and/or work from home. This position requires a seasoned, knowledgeable, and committed professional who is self-directed with leadership qualities. This person has strong automotive product glazing engineering skills, organizational skills and the ability to comprehend a total business situation, acting quickly, effectively, and prudently to enhance customer and Pilkington North America value. This person will also need to have extensive experience in CAD Design including: Unigraphics UG-NX5, Catia V4 &V5, IDEAS.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Competitive 401k / PTO
- Lead all product design work and ensure the appropriate design tools and techniques are used to optimize the design outputs
- Lead NX CAD design and drawings for GM programs
- Release CAD and drawings in GM Team Center according to GM and other OEM requirements
- Create and maintain all GM program drawings as well as assist or lead drawing for other OEM’s
- Understands Pilkington products, specifications and tolerances
- Regularly initiates, authors, presents, and/or orchestrates formal communications to both internal and external customers.
- Customers needs are regularly anticipated and exceeded resulting in delighting the customer and optimizing opportunities for Pilkington
- Assist with product engineering budgets and monitor commitments to avoid budget over runs
- Use design analysis tools to evaluate and complete automotive component design
- Develop manufacturing / car assembly process prior to prototype vehicle build
- Validate design and verify process during vehicle prototype build and testing
- Thoroughly comprehends Pilkington and customer’s development order systems
- Develop components prior to final design
- Work in compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
- Provide product and process design input to Key Account Manager and Feasibility Manager during new model quotation process.
- Generate complete drawing package including all subassembly components as well as a master parts list using specified software and to the correct customer design standard.
- Ensure standardization where possible for glass and value added materials and processing.
- Lead design reviews of product, including feasibility documents, CAD data, customer and Pilkington part specifications, customer feedback, etc.
- Lead co-design process where applicable to ensure achievement of all vehicle program imperatives.
- Document all Engineering Change concepts and monitor/update tracking document.
- Assist Validation Engineer in generating the prototype and production qualification test plan.
- Ensure production qualification test plan is updated as necessary and completed in a timely manner.
- Support PDE in generation of the Bill of Materials.
- Provide input to Manager Tooling and Hardware for tooling and check fixture design, as well as supplier selection.
- Assist Quality Engineer in generation of FMEA for equipment and process design.
- Support PDE and plant in prototype manufacturing as required.
- Assist Engineering Group Leader in planning and execution of major product engineering changes.
- Assist Manager Tooling and Hardware in maintenance of master part print file and tooling file.
- Adhere to all steps of the APQP process.
- Maintain good verbal and written communications with customer, project team and manufacturing plant.
- Work within a team environment, encouraging regular participation and contributions by respective members.
- Support customer builds as necessary (OEM: Matching events, check fixture events, start ups, etc)
- Support resolutions for quality issues
- Work with purchasing to define PPAP requirements
- Fill in for Program Manager when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technical degree
- 5+ years of experience in Automotive Body/ Component Design or related field
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience
- Experience in Glazing System Product Design/Development
- Experience with GM, FCA, Ford release system
- Glass experience
- Injection Molding Experience
- Familiarity with Pilkington financial systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team skills
- Excellent computer and analytical skills including CAD: UG-NX5, CATIA, IDEAS
- Thorough knowledge of GDT, and tolerance stack-up analysis
Indeed Hire and Pilkington NSG are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- manufacturing: 2 years (Required)
- Automotive Body/ Component Design: 5 years (Required)
- GM, FCA, Ford release system: 1 year (Required)
- Glazing System Product Design/Development: 1 year (Required)