The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, be a part of our Facilities Operations team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours - as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Herndon, VA has an immediate opportunity for an entry level Facility Engineer Associate to join our mission. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who embraces collaborative teamwork. You will be working with an organization of highly trained professionals dedicated to satisfying the facility operations, management, engineering, and strategic requirements for our customers located in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Mission Success is our goal, and we achieve that by providing the highest quality services in a safe, reliable, affordable, and efficient manner. As one of our team Office Planners, you will interface with various customers throughout the facility in support of multiple programs working on break/fix items, space renovation, and day to day general requests. Your primary responsibilities will include support and execution of projects assigned by the Northeast Facilities Operations and Services leadership team to include coordination and scheduling of stakeholders as well as project closeout actions.
What does a typical Facilities Engineer Asc role involve?
- You will perform daily processing, review, generation, and subsequent deliverable in FAMeS, LM Buildings, or other workspace management tools/systems (including schedules, and other work space generated tasks…)
- You will prepare deliverables, in the form of work orders, to efficiently execute requested activity
- Prior to routing work orders/tasks for execution, you will complete and validate information such as constructability details, field verifications, measurements, material acquisition and delivery information, accurate floor plans, or other necessary information
- You will take ownership of delegated work and be responsible for room audits
- You will be responsible for creating, designing, reviewing, maintaining, and modification of AutoCAD prints/floorplans including - but not limited to - assets, furniture, equipment, and other identified components adhering to requirements, policies, standards, and innovative practices to deliver value to our customers
- You will integrate Help-Line (or other maintenance requests) into complete work packages/work orders.
- You will execute delegated workload demonstrating an unwavering emphasis on teamwork and consistently deliver world-class customer service across all business lines
- You will demonstrate proactive business agility while working in our dynamic environment being flexible to interface, and meet the needs of, all lines of business and customers.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 0-3 years of professional experience.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree
- Experience with space management tools for task and work order generation, coordination, and other workspace management activities (e.g. LM Buildings, Maximo, Fames, or other comparable tools)
- Experience in work space management: creating, designing, reviewing, maintaining, and modification of AutoCAD prints/floorplans including assets, furniture, equipment, and other identified components
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Project)
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance practices
- Professional communication skills
- Organizational skills
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
- Paid time off
- 25 three-day weekends
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Visit https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits to Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College