What you’ll be doing:
- Review drawings of new projects with field leaders and identify prefab opportunities.
- Identify beneficial methods and processes to improve profitability.
- Find new and innovative ways and methods to support the field via prefab.
- Identify and track methods that benefit the field and those that do not.
- Order and track materials and hours through the kitting process.
- Work with suppliers when appropriate to have them assist with kitting process.
- Teaching field leaders benefits and best methods of prefab and kitting.
- Keep field up to date on new products and innovative products.
- Participate in job walks and estimate preparation activities as requested.
- Finding, and solving constructability and code issues at the prefab and in the field as needed.
- Ensure all company and project specific quality control standards are adhered to.
- * Promote and maintain positive relationships with customers, trade partners, subcontractors, and other industry professionals.
- Carry out other initiative and perform other duties as requested.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Journeyman’s or Master’s License; knowledge of the electrical construction trade and the National Electrical Code (NEC) is required (and must stay current)
- Strong overall business acumen with an ability to understand how detailing accuracy and schedule adherence directly impact business as well as our ability to meet or exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – able to effectively and professionally communicate via email, phone and in-person with personnel, customer representatives and vendors. Ensure that Project Managers and other business leaders are kept well informed regarding status of critical detailing deadlines and schedule changes.
- Strong organizational and planning skills to optimize the efficiency of in-house detailing resources as well as use outside vendors to maintain drawing deliveries in support of overall project schedule.
- Proven ability to effectively utilize common PC-based programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. Bills of Materials, change orders, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly analyze business issues, assess possible ways to resolve, select and execute the plan. Have tenacity to keep things moving forward despite normal business challenges.
- Manage and develop people. Be able to appropriately deliver constructive feedback and get the most of our personnel in terms of meeting accuracy, productivity & schedule expectations. Provide encouragement and acknowledge strong performance as appropriate.
- Be able to dissect, create and improve front-end business processes. Effectively oversee new and existing processes on an on-going basis. (i.e. approval drawing submittals, managing change orders, releasing drawing packages to production, etc).
What we’ll do for you:
Our Culture. Safety, core values, teamwork, feedback, and continuous improvement. This is our culture. This is how we work together. This is how we do business.
Your Career. You have a career here at Suburban. Not just a job. We want you to reach your highest potential. You decide what that is.
Our Commitment. To your financial health and well-being. This starts with the Great Game of Business, the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), bonus plan, increased income potential, and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Detailing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electrical Journeyman (Required)
Company's Facebook page: