Project Engineer (parenteral biotech and pharmaceutical industry)
The primary purpose of this position is to provide cost effective engineering support to the company sales efforts, including system design, developing sales quotes and performing project management activities.
· Work with sales personnel and/or directly with customers in the design and pricing of a system. (Meet with the customer as needed to determine exact needs; develop recommendations and prepare drawings according to accepted engineering principles.)
· Operate CAD system to facilitate engineering drawings including but not limited to process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams, equipment layouts and general assembly drawings.
· Collect required data, size equipment, prepare necessary prints, estimate required resources, develop project costing, and prepare quotation. Present the project quotations to the customer and promote the sale of the project.
· Brief Director of Engineering with outcome of presentation.
· Upon being awarded the job, supply necessary documents to Project Coordinator to set up job, order equipment and materials required. Brief Director of Engineering on scope of project, review prints, and discuss any critical areas or concerns about the installation of the project. Work with Director of Engineering to schedule resources to complete job.
· Provide technical support for inside and outside sales personnel, other associates and customers. Interpret and design large scale sanitary manufacturing and cleaning processes.
· Coordinate the assignment of shop and field/installation personnel, materials and equipment for assigned and scheduled projects. Coordinate materials purchases with the material account personnel.
· Oversee major installations through regular site visits. Insure that the project is completed according to the customer’s satisfaction and that all specifications as presented have been fulfilled. Issue change orders when required, update prints as needed. Provide documentation as requested by customer.
· Be available for new process start up and checkout as needed.
· Select material suppliers that can best meet the requirements of each particular application at the most reasonable cost.
· Visit and assist customers during equipment breakdowns to provide technical support and coordinate repairs.
· Act as a knowledge and experience resource for more junior engineering staff.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Job duties require a four-year college degree (preferably in Engineering) or equivalent.
· Preferred experience in the parenteral biotech and pharmaceutical industry
· PREFERED Professional Licensed PE
· Willing to travel 35% +/- of the time
· 3 -5 years of previous technical/engineering experience in the sanitary fluid process industry
M. G. Newell Corporation has been in business for over a century providing sanitary process components and integrated process systems to the food, dairy, citrus, beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care industries. With divisions in Greensboro, North Carolina; Louisville, Kentucky, and Nashville, Tennessee, our services extend to the Mid-West, Mid Atlantic, and Southeastern United States.
M.G. Newell is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.mgnewell.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $58.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Do you have experience in the parenteral biotech and pharmaceutical industry?
- sanitary fluid process: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location