Stephens Engineering Consultants, Inc. (STEPHENS) is searching for a full-time Forensic Engineer, PE (Civil/Structural) for the Washington DC or surrounding metro area. The candidate may also service STEPHENS's clients in other states, particularly in the surrounding states.
- This position requires a professional engineers license (PE) in the Washington DC and/or the State of Maryland. A NCEES record is preferred.
- This is a work-from-home position. Residence in the Washington DC or surrounding metro area is required. Daily reporting to an office will not be required.
- Prior forensic engineering experience is not required as STEPHENS provides on-the-job training.
- Professional and timely communication with company clients for assigned projects.
- Travel to/from inspection sites as required by the company’s clients, which may be out of state.
- Forensic (investigative) evaluations residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
- Forensic investigations include (but may not be limited to) evaluation of storm related damage to roofing and exterior claddings, moisture intrusion, impact damage (tree, vehicle, etc.), foundation settlement, construction defects, etc.
- Prepare precise and unbiased reports based on field inspections and research and consistent with the company’s guidelines.
- Consistently meet or exceed the company’s performance expectations.
- Provide depositions as well as expert testimony, if required, for assigned projects.
- Additional duties assignment by management.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Washington DC and/or Maryland with the ability to become licensed in additional states.
- NCEES Record preferred.
- Willing to work from home or a remote location, particularly when travelling.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering.
- A valid driver’s license without travel time restrictions.
- Prior report writing skills preferred.
- Must be able to accurately type 30 wpm and be knowledgeable with Microsoft Office, particularly MS Word.
- Be willing to learn and adapt to inevitable company policy and procedural changes.
- Be willing to work overtime when required.
- Must be a self-starter and perform assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing and able perform the physical tasks associated with performing forensic investigations which may include (but not be limited to) climbing stairs, ladders, and scaffolding; walking on roof slopes; crawling through confined spaces (attics, crawlspaces, etc.); and working in the heat/cold.
- Independent yet team oriented and professional with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing 75 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Civil Engineering: 4 years (Required)
- Washington DC and/or Maryland Professional Engineer (PE) (Required)