As a Senior Embedded Engineer you will participate in the development, launch, support and optimization of existing products as well as work on next generation products with an emphasis on data-driven methodology where design options are characterized to document and refine decision making. This position requires technical and interpersonal maturity to work well within a multi-disciplinary environment as well as a pragmatic drive to deliver results towards product realization.
- Extensive Microchip controller experience, ideally PIC32MX experience
- Experience writing solid, structured code
- Familiarity with basic test equipment and access to basic equipment (meter, scope)
- Comfortable reading schematics and debugging / troubleshooting firmware on a new hardware,
- RTOS experience (small, light-weight RTOS)
- Significant real-time instrument GUI interface (charts, graphs, analysis)
- Signal processing
- Participate in design reviews to improve design for manufacturability, procurement cost, and quality control
- Perform manufacturing assessments of new designs and drive optimization of designs for manufacturability and cost
- Perform a hands-on engineering and liaison role between design engineering and production
- Create comprehensive engineering documentation necessary for the transition from prototype to production including both written and visual work instructions
- Resolving manufacturing discrepancies and interfacing with the quality team
Critical Success Factors:
- Analog design and board layout experience
- EMC compliance experience
- Electro-optical experience
- Power supply design experience
- Motor control (brushless motors drivers/controllers) experience
- Experience designing low-cost / high-performance products
- Experience working in a startup environment
- 5+ years firmware design work experience
- 5+ years electrical design work experience
- Self-starter and able to handle large portions of a product with little supervision
- Direct project engineering or technical lead experience managing design tasks
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Some simulation and analytical experience a plus.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable using business applications (email, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Software Engineering BS or equivalent.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, color, and peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus
TRAVEL: 5% travel may be required primarily in the US
ABOUT PARTICLES PLUS, INC.:
Particles Plus engineers and manufactures feature-rich particle counters and air quality monitoring instrumentation. The company serves the Life Science, Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Indoor Air Quality, Industrial Health & Safety, Cosmetic, Semiconductor, Aerospace and Data Storage industries.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit. This job description may be changed at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
- electrical design: 5 years (Preferred)
- firmware design: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off