Canon Nanotechnologies, Inc.
Canon Nanotechnologies, Inc. is looking for a materials scientist/engineer to join their materials R&D team to help with nanoimprint lithography materials development and testing.
- Develop new materials for nanoimprinting technology
- Develop and optimize coating processes with ultra-low defectivity for different materials using a high-end automated 300 mm wafer spin coater track (training will be provided)
- Design, formulate, and test resist formulations to meet different imprint requirements
- Evaluate performance of materials by measuring mechanical properties, thermal stability, shrinkage, etching rate, etc.
- Plan, conduct and analyze experiments to improve imprint process and materials
- Evaluate resist process performance on imprint tools, including separation and filling performance
- Test jetting and drop spreading performance of imprint materials using offline jetting station
- Develop testing methods to quickly screen material formulations
- Troubleshoot problems related to imprinting materials, including imprint performance, defects, etc.
Ph.D. degree in chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, or equivalent. Preferably with organic or polymer background.
Experience and skills:
- Knowledge of materials development, including chemical structure/property relations, UV/thermal curable materials. Knowledge of SOC (spin-on carbon) and SOD (spin-on dielectric) is a plus
- Familiarity with materials characterization techniques, such as TGA, DSC, AFM, FTIR, rheometry, nanoindentation, mechanical testing (Instron), etc.
- Laboratory experience with organic compound handling. Experience with polymers is a plus
- Experience with spin coating is preferred but not required; training will be provided
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good people skills and teamwork
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to rapid changes
- Good written and oral communication skills
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Must be familiar/comfortable working with organic chemicals. Must be able to work in a cleanroom environment, including wearing appropriate protective clothing.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement