Software Engineer: Full-Stack Developer
Come join a small and fast-moving team working to help consumers and energy providers see and improve real-time energy usage!
Copper Labs is seeking a talented Developer, with emphasis on Front-end development, to build an intuitive, informative and quality user experience. This position offers an opportunity for growth expanding into development on our full web API stack (PostgreSQL - > NodeJS (Typescript)) in addition to working on our React & React Native clients.
We offer a collaborative, dynamic early stage startup environment with a high-performing team focused on bringing a unique and innovative product to market. Copper Labs provides a full-stack IoT solution to help consumers and energy providers understand and take control of energy usage.
The mobile application visualizes real-time and historical energy usage, and also provides insights derived through machine-learning to improve energy usage and efficiency. You will influence UX design and collaborate with a team of hardware and software engineers to implement and support the holistic solution.
- Design and lead the development of our cross-platform application, deployed into multiple ecosystems, to ensure a consistent and quality experience.
- Rapidly prototype new features, in an incremental fashion, to gain customer feedback early and often.
- Analyze performance within the application and its interaction with the cloud to improve the customer experience.
- Design and develop with an eye towards automated unit and functional testing.
- Work collaboratively with all business functions, and engage customers, to build an impactful customer experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Awareness of HTTP and the use of RESTful API’s
- Experience with Android and iOS development ecosystems.
- Understanding of unit, functional and solution tests and best practices related to quality.
- Ability to collaborate and thrive in a small team environment.
- Functions best in an empowerment culture where you crave continual growth and opportunities.
- Proactive self-starter, detail oriented with a passion to deliver results quickly in an environment with occasional ambiguity.
- Comfortable diving into new technologies and solving problems with minimal technical direction.
- Strong written and verbal skills and effective collaboration experience.
- Requires 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 2 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
Copper Labs is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Copper Labs to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
No recruiters, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- related: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture