Custom Fabrication Projects Estimator
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Fabricator / Manufacturing Engineer with Estimation experience to join UAP at our Rock Tavern foundry. This role requires the candidate to understand a wide range of fabrication methodologies and materials palette. You must be willing to consider solution driven risk responses to highly unique design focused project inquiries.
At UAP we collaborate with artists, architects and designers to deliver creative outcomes globally for the public realm. We are explorers. We are creatives. We are makers. Our vision is to be creatively influential and collaborate with the world’s foremost creative thinkers. We embrace uncommon creativity, extend creative practice and enrich the public realm. We seek conversations, share knowledge, engage globally and facilitate change. We encourage strategic thinking and innovation.
About The Role
You will work closely with the Business Development and Project Management teams to brainstorm solutions for the delivery of highly creative art works and architectural elements. Your work will be the conception of how UAP will delivery their projects and thus how UAP will win new projects. The importance of starting the project on the right foot cannot be expressed enough. Having a background in hands on fabrication will serve you well in this role.
Primarily, you will be focusing on first principal estimating, finding the smartest and most cost-effective approach to a project. You will research fabrication and delivery methodologies for one-of-a-kind projects so that you can prepare detailed project estimates. You will be required to do material take-off, create typical detail sketches and models, source material costings from potential partner fabricators and suppliers, and build these stakeholder relationships.
This is a unique position that is as heavily focused on creative problem solving while keeping open lines of communication with clients, subcontractors and suppliers to maintain positive relationships.
You have a willingness to work as part of a highly motivated team through collaboration and communication, with an ability to be adaptive and self-sufficient. You possess excellent time management skills to meet deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
What You Need To Succeed
- Deep experience in a wide range of material fabrication and installation methodologies
- Ability to review contract documents, sketches, 3D models, drawings and specifications
- Strong understanding of fabrication and construction processes
- Ability to first principle estimate fabrication and construction projects from scratch using a template excel form
- High level of knowledge in excel
- 2D and 3D modelling experience in Autocad and Rhino a benefit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines, in a high-pressure creative environment
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing situations
- Willingness to have an open mind toward design aspirations while providing solution focused response
Salary is negotiable and will be based on level of experience and alignment with attributes above upon selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position. Due to the expected volume of applicants, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- estimating: 1 year (Preferred)