ATV Assembly Manufacturing Engineer(Job Number:
Honda of South Carolina Mfg.
What Makes Honda The Best?
Are you an innovator? Honda’s core values are what make our company unique.
The Power of Dreams mentality drives our team to create intelligent products that enhance mobility and increase the joy in people’s lives.
Joy and Passion:
The joy we experience at Honda is fueled by our dreams and passion.
Honda’s challenging spirit pushes us to set and reach ambitious goals. Honda is voluntarily reducing 50% of carbon dioxide emissions in our products by 2050 and developing technology to reduce the number of collisions to zero by 2040.
Respect for the individual:
This core value pushes our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively on a team.
If your goals and values are at the same speed as Honda’s, we want you to join our team!
About this position:
Lead, create, and implement innovative technical activities and solutions in the areas of Mass Production, Business Plan and New Model to efficiently meet or exceed Safety, Environment, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Morale characteristic targets.
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Effectively communicate upstream and downstream to all levels of the organization to assure common understanding and direction.
- Review and analyze daily report(s) to identify safety, quality, delivery gaps and develop potential countermeasures and /or root cause analysis opportunities striving for continuous improvement.
- Utilize data analysis and PDCA to lead, support, develop and justify solutions with related groups/departments for your area of responsibility to solve complex problems.
- Monitor and manage equipment and processes to ensure optimal manufacturing performance and function while minimizing operating expense.
- Develop capability of self, colleagues, and team through training, mentoring, and sharing of experiences in area of technical expertise and understanding.
- Establish priorities and make decisions based on data analytics to effectively accomplish business objectives.
- Manage project implementation, schedule, budget and resource allocations to ensure successful completion and target achievement.
- Test, evaluate, and implement new and innovative technologies to improve overall equipment and process efficiency.
- Develop and manage investment and expense budgets to achieve overall cost targets.
Computer literacy to support industry standard software applications
Positive attitude, open minded, team player
Strong self-motivation and desire to work in a manufacturing environment
Self-managed and able to provide and set direction for others to be successful
Demonstrate leadership capabilities
Demonstrate strong communication (written/verbal) skills
Ability to multitask and solve complex problems through analysis
Propose and implement appropriate countermeasures based on timing, quality, and cost
Strong technical analysis and troubleshooting skills
Ability to manage projects
Required Work Experience:
Co-op experience preferred but not required
Bachelors or Associates degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology with relevant experience (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or Electrical, etc) with interest in Manufacturing, if no degree 6 years of relevant experience required
We care about our associates and their wellbeing. We offer a wide range of benefits including:
Competitive total compensation
401k Plan with company contributions
Flexible and valuable insurance plans
Relocation assistance (if eligible)
Onsite automobile service center and wellness center
Employee Lease Car Program (Includes insurance and maintenance options)
Development to further your career
Discount on Honda products
Paid time off and paid holidays