SolAero Technologies is a leading provider of high efficiency solar cells, solar panels, and composite structural products for satellite and aerospace applications. We are the world’s only vertically integrated, end-to-end supplier of satellite solar arrays. SolAero’s proven flight heritage, high volume production capability and technology position us to service the world’s most demanding satellite applications. Since 2001, SolAero solar cells or panels have supplied primary power to over 480 successful space missions.
SolAero has immediate openings for an Operator I, Production working Monday through Thursday, 4/10 shifts.
BASIC SCOPE / PURPOSE:
- Manufacturing/Production: Performs a variety of functions in the production of semiconductor devices such as wafer fabrication, assembly, or test. Operates appropriate equipment in performing the functions. Assists in setting up work stations and follows written process specifications in completing all assignments. This position is responsible for specific process steps in the assembly and test of production units.
- Process: Performs a variety of functions which may require training and certification on key equipment or process including all support tools. Needs to consistently and accurately refer to and follow written process specifications and offers suggestions for improvement. Ability to access and accurately record all process control and engineering data collection information.
- Learns and demonstrates error-free wafer handling and transport techniques. Understands and meets daily production goals for the workstation or contacts supervisor. Communicates and passes down equipment and process status.
- Job Complexity: Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring role in decision making
- Supervision: Receives instructions on all work. Is expected to find work or contact supervisor if unable to complete/continue. Works under close supervision.
- Assembles/processes and tests products using detailed process instructions, test procedures, assembly tooling, and test fixtures.
- Demonstrates good lateral thinking for advanced production processes.
- Identifies non-conformances when they occur and participates in finding the solution to the nonconformance.
- Adheres to SolAero corporate policies and procedures.
- Cross train in various operations in the assembly process. To gain certifications for promotion, off-shift training may be required.
- Authority to stop any process that threatens the well-being of any SolAero employee.
- Authority to initiate Corrective Action when a nonconformance is identified and stop the process when a nonconformance is found.
- Other appropriate activities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS –KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to hear and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- **An Operator I must be certified (or ready to be certified per supervisor) in at least 1 Work Center within 3 months of date of hire**
- Certifications must be maintained by the operator and will be revoked if not active in that work center for a period of 3 months, or as determined by engineer or supervisor.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to identify failure discrepancies per visual and/or written descriptions.
- Ability to use a microscope.
- Ability to use various test equipment.
- Ability to use computer hardware and software, including MS Office.
- Ability to collect and record data.
- Ability to set-up and prepare workstation/assembly fixtures.
- May be required to dispense adhesives.
- May be required to measure and pour chemicals.
- May be required to operate UV curing systems and thermal curing ovens.
- Ability to keep a well-organized, clean and safe working station/environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of ESD and Cleanroom procedures a plus.
- HS or equivalent required.
- Typically requires a minimum of 0 years of related experience.
- Communicates Effectively – Delivers clear, accurate, honest messages that inspire and drive commitment.
- Listens and encourages open expression of ideas and options.
- Understands SolAero’s mission and adapts those messages to fit different audiences.
- Honors the value of the team’s time by effectively managing meetings and communications.
- Promotes a free flow of ideas throughout SolAero.
- Makes Effective Decisions – Gathers, organizes and evaluates relevant information in order to assess situations, make decisions and solve problems.
- Makes fact-based decisions consistent with SolAero’s goals.
- Asks for input when needed in order to make the best decisions possible.
- Makes sound decisions quickly, even with limited, or new information.
- Seeks alternative solutions that are “out of the box”.
- Challenges the status quo and “the way we have always done it.”
- Customer Driven – Makes decisions and acts in the best interest of the customer.
- Serves as the customer’s trusted advisor.
- Understands customer needs by proactively meeting expectations and providing appropriate solutions.
- Values the long term customer relationship.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and takes appropriate action to resolve concerns.
- Inspires Others – Fosters an environment of excellence through high performance standards.
- Assumes different roles based on the needs of SolAero or the team.
- Believes that how you get results is as important as getting results.
- Earns the trust of others by delivering and by “walking the talk.”
- Assumes positive intent in others.
- Displays Self Leadership – Places SolAero interests above own interests.
- Seeks, as well as provides, constructive feedback.
- Listens to feedback and takes corrective action or modifies own behavior as appropriate.
- Learns and helps others learn from mistakes.
- Works well with others and is respected by them.
- Exhibits strong commitment to business ethics.
- Results/Execution – Takes personal accountability for planning, organizing and prioritizing work to achieve daily goals.
- Accepts accountability for achieving daily goals or contacts supervisor immediately.
- Creates a sense of urgency, and quickly shifts course, if required, to assure effective execution.
- Drives action toward defined metrics, and refuses to accept falling short, by quickly responding to below target performance.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Will work with or near chemicals with various hazard levels and consequences of exposure which requires the operator to understand and follow precisely the hazard controls and operational procedures provided in Safety Data Sheets and Work Instructions for the chemicals they handle and tools they operate in order to prevent exposures.
- May be assigned work with tools, equipment or work functions designed to an ergonomic standard that does not protect all workers from repetitive stress injuries which will require the operator to maintain vigilant situational awareness and close communication with supervisors to prevent injury.
- Must be able to detect and respond promptly and without assistance to equipment and plant casualty alarms.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Manual dexterity to manipulate multiple operations under a microscope, including assembly and testing of small assemblies.
*MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD HOLDER*
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE:
WWW.SOLAEROTECH.COM AND FILL OUT AN APPLICATION AND UPLOAD A
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply