HandyTube Corporation (“HandyTube”) is a global manufacturer of stainless-steel tube and Xtreme Length™ seamless stainless-steel coil tubing for diverse industries worldwide. Since 1981, HandyTube's seamless and straight length products have been used in applications for the energy sector, chemical process and instrumentation, oil and gas transfer, aerospace and defense, chromatography, and shipbuilding industries. We work continuously to provide customers with successful solutions to critical and specific business needs.
HandyTube is a subsidiary of Steel Partners Holdings, LP (SPLP) a diversified global industrial company delivering value through innovation, operating excellence and superior customer service. SPLP and its subsidiaries employ over 3,400 people in eight countries. The Steel Partners companies are organized into six business segments: Joining Materials, Tubing, Building Materials, Electrical Power Products, Performance Materials and Kasco. HandyTube is part of SPLP Tube Group. HandyTube is an equal opportunity employer valuing integrity, teamwork, diversity, trust, respect, communication, accountability, proactive performance and a passion for excellence.
Key to delivering world class products to our customers is the ability to optimize the cost and efficiency of our manufacturing processes. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Engineer recommends new equipment, and develops upgrades and modifications to existing equipment with an overall goal of improving the quality, capability and capacity of our production lines. Utilizing continuous improvement tools, the Manufacturing Engineer will analyze, plan, and manage projects related to equipment purchases and upgrades, including all stages of project execution from final equipment selection to startup and documentation. This position requires strong project management, teamwork and collaboration, and communication skills.
- Promote Safety as the Number One Priority of all HandyTube employees.
- Analyze manufacturing equipment performance utilizing ERP and SCADA systems.
- Reduce downtime and scrap by improving condition and operation of equipment.
- Determine appropriate upgrades and/or adjustments to meet production demands.
- Develop project plans and timelines and submit capital expense requests.
- Develop and implement standard work documentation post equipment set up and suggest metrics to track performance.
- Ensure operators maintain equipment as to maximize run conditions.
- Assist with development of new products by prototyping and testing.
- Support useage of new and existing equipment by developing blueprints, quality standards, tool design and process specifications.
- Complete projects on time and within budget.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 2 years’ experience related experience.
- Mechanical aptitude and willingness to get dirty.
- Ability to utilize ERP system to analyze machine performance.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills with the ability to correspondence verbally and in writing in a manner which results in mutual understanding.
- Self-directed with attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to lead process improvements using our HandyTube continuous improvement system, including the development and implementation of standard work.
- Ability to influence cross-functional business partners.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools, reach with hands and arms, and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Good close vision and depth perception skills.
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience preferred.
- Positive attitude, good judgment and excellent time management skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift