Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
*Hiring for two locations: East and West Coast!*
The Solutions/Sales Engineer’s goal is to translates customers’ challenges & needs into a technically sound and commercially attractive energy solution. It is a very open and diverse position that includes data analysis, light market research, frequent contacts with customers, on-site technical evaluations, and financial modeling- all focused on distributed energy resources such as solar, battery storage, and electric vehicle charging.
The Solutions Engineer works independently in partnership with sales, product marketing, product management, and engineering as a critical link between internal technical resources, the end customer and key stakeholders. They lead pre-sales functions that enable efficient and data-driven project assessment and drive revenue by clearly communicating the range of solutions and corresponding benefits across the spectrum of performance, cost, risk and compliance to provide value to the customer while maximizing business results. The Solutions Engineer must excel in diverse roles including system modeling and design as well as customer and channel partners’ interactions.
Enel X is seeing incredible growth in sales. This is an incredible opportunity for someone that wants to help drive significant growth and demonstrate technical leadership at a company that is driving innovation at the global level.
What You'll Do at Enel:
- Co-develop strategy and associated tactics for closing Enel X business within a team environment for a defined geographic region
- Focus diligently on enabling the sales team to exceed customer expectations and successfully positions Enel X as the vendor of choice
- Identify opportunities and applications for Enel X products and services
- Identify recommended solutions to problems that are not fully constrained
- Prepare written documentation required for client presentations, RFPs and other documents as required.
- Deliver expert product demonstrations utilizing product knowledge blended with customer needs and insights gained through industry experience
- Work with customers on pre-sales basis to develop product/system specifications and functional requirements
- Interface with customers by phone, e-mail, and in person to answer application/system questions and help customers solve technical problems
- Develop regional market subject matter expertise with utility grid services programs such as demand response, virtual power plants, ancillary services and similar emerging opportunities to monetize distributed energy resources assets
- Highly flexible in day-to-day activities easily moving from direct customer interface, to sales support, to engineering engagement and interaction with key stakeholders
Who You Are:
- Customer focused, with unwavering attention to safety and quality
- Excellent presenter, with strong oral and written communication skills
- Intermediately proficient with MS Office tools, including (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access)
- Analytical and technical with strong business acumen
- Understand how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into technical and operational requirements
- Project manager who can multitask, prioritize, set and meet deadlines, work independently, and perform tasks with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Travel required up to 25% of the time and up to 10% of the travel will be outside assigned area
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related technical degree
- 3+ years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years of experience in a customer-facing role such as sales engineering, application engineering, field engineering or other technical support role
- 2+ years of demonstrated technical experience in energy systems design/related experience
- Strong preference for energy storage dispatch modeling experience or other similar time dependent energy system modeling
- Possesses deep technology and application knowledge of energy storage, solar, and other distributed energy resources (DERs)
What Enel Offers You:
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business, * Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., * Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., * One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., * Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., * Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Multiple Locations