s an Android Engineer you will be a member of our mobile engineering team, responsible for developing, unit testing, porting and validating solutions on handsets and tablets. You will be working independently on assigned validation and bug fixing tasks. You will be required to join and support developer validation sessions with carrier teams. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other engineers on prototyping new features. Post release work includes contributing to a retrospective – identifying where issues have occurred, update developer tests, unit tests. Good android analysis skills are required for success.
Candidate must be able to commute daily, on-site to NJ office location. There will be no work from home opportunities. Some travel to local carrier offices may be required during work hours.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Port existing solutions on new devices with varied form factors.
2. Collaborate with other engineers to prototype new features.
3. Work with QA teams to understand issues, analyze issues, provide software fixes and ensure no side effects.
4. Create Technical Design/ Feature Documentation based on Product Requirements
5. Onsite support to local carrier teams for demos, and bug analysis sessions.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
1. 2 years of Software development experience in Java and minimum 1 years of Android development.
2. Expertise with object-oriented design and development mandatory; knowledge of common Java “design patterns” are desirable.
3. Self-starter - with ability to independently acquire the knowledge required to succeed in their job.
4. Experience to work in Agile Project Management & development methodology
5. Sound programming fundamentals: experience working with memory management, thread synchronization, and event based programming issues.
6. Ability to work in a cross-functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base/ library.
7. Very strong interpersonal skills and communication skills; must be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with other technical and non-technical members .
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
2. 2 years of Software development experience in Java and minimum 1 years of Android development.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- relevant: 2 years (Required)