Chapman Consulting, Inc. (CCI) is currently seeking a qualified candidate with 5 to 8 years’ experience to fill the position of Experienced Civil Engineer, PE.
CCI is a competitive and growing consulting and engineering design firm specializing in projects for the oil and gas, pipeline, petrochemical, and process industries. Our office is located off I-49 North in Lafayette, LA behind Prejean’s Restaurant. We provide a variety of onshore and offshore services to our clients and have been in business for 30 years.
- Apply client, industry, regulatory and other guidelines, codes, etc.
- Structural, foundation, and drainage design.
- Analysis of geotechnical reports.
- Design of piles (wooden & concrete) for inland & marsh environments.
- Foundation design.
- 3-D modeling and FEA software familiarization.
- Regulatory compliance and permitting.
- Occasional field trips to complete surveys or collect information.
- Provide support to other Engineering and Project Management staff.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required.
- Professional Engineering license in good standing is required.
- Professional demeanor with good communication skills.
- Integrity and a good work ethic.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D and HEC-RAS is preferred, but not required.
- Any field experience is a plus, but not required.
- Basic concrete design.
- Good knowledge of hydraulics and drainage.
- Candidates currently residing in Lafayette or the surrounding areas are strongly preferred, but not required.Benefits:
- Completive pay based on candidate's experience and education.
- Paid holidays and competitive vacation.
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching up to 4%.
Job Type: Full-time
- Lafayette, LA 70507 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off