Visual Lighting Technologies, LLC., part of the Lambent Lighting Group, and a leading custom leading LED and Fiber Optic lighting manufacturer located in Cedar Park, TX is seeking to hire a CNC Machinist/Programmer. The CNC Machinist/Programmer will be responsible for producing machined parts using both manual and automated equipment with precise measurements as well as programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC).
VLT offers eligible employees a full range of benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, PTO, and Holiday Pay. If you are looking for a small company where everyone works together and “wears a few hats” and “roll up their sleeves” to get the job done, this opportunity may be perfect for you.
Essential Job Functions
Include the following:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs and sets up mill by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Perform and operate machine shop activities to produce machined parts that meet or exceed functional and quality requirements.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Maintain an understanding of all machinery and programming including programming and operating a SMT Machine and promote continuous improvement activities within the Machine Shop.
- Monitor and troubleshoot manufacturing and production equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory levels and appropriately informing the purchasing department when supplies are needed.
- Other duties assigned as needed
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Understanding and ability to use software programs such as En Route 4 or similar.
- Experience with Mastercam CNC routers
- Ability to use calipers, micrometers, depth micrometers, and other measuring equipment as required.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and mechanical skills are required abilities for this position.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and safety.
- Mill operation knowledge.
- Expertise with geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Basic knowledge of machine tool repair and maintenance.
- Mill operation knowledge.
- Understands manufacturing systems and tooling development.
- Fundamental knowledge of machining practices.
Please visit www.vltcorp.com for more information about Visual Lighting Technologies.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Machining: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location