Across International is a leading science-based company that manufactures laboratory equipment for use in material processing, heat treatment, and R&D. We are a rapidly growing company with an excellent opportunity for a candidate interested in our Product Support Manager position
General duties and responsibilities:
- Ability to diagnoses electrical and mechanical equipment failures.
- Serves as an escalation point for client issues.
- Directly responsible for managing a staff of five or more direct reports, including supervisors and individual contributors in product support and/or associated support functions.
- Reports new or recurring problems to product management and/or product development departments.
- Has wide latitude for decision-making.
- Typically requires five or more years of related product support experience with at least two years of leadership responsibility.
- Monitors call queues, call volume, and other metrics. Analyzes results and analyzes trends. Ensures the volume of work produced meets product/service standards and exceeds quality standards.
- Ensures representatives are properly trained when new products are released or products are upgraded or patched.
- Contributes to the development of the product support function.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Manage dynamics of the daily operations by adjusting staffing schedules, projects, and training to ensure customer and employee satisfaction
- Provide high level customer satisfaction; Keen interest and awareness to detail when responding to customer support issues
- Manage and facilitate satisfactory resolutions to customers’ service issues by identifying call escalations, reacting with a sense of urgency, formulating appropriate action plans, and utilizing resources effectively
- Ability to measure Support Engineer productivity by monitoring work in progress, including projects, as well as demonstrating competency in time management; Prepare and present performance reviews for assigned Support Engineers
- Candidate must be willing to participate in on-call rotation for management assistance in customer escalations that occur overnight and on week-ends; The typical rotation is 2-3 times per year
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research tests; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops and tests customized products by studying customer requirements.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products to ensure quality.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and feedback from customers.
- Provides engineering information to technical sales and customer service representatives as needed.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with all federal and state regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by following all provided instructions and established procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in educational opportunities.
- Associate/Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or a related field is mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adhere to project deadlines.
- Can-Do attitude and have strong team vision
- Exceptional problem solving capability, communication, and people skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel offsite for training and educational opportunities approximately 5% of the time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering Management: 5 years (Preferred)