Platformatics Inc. Job Description:
Software Engineer II
Reports to: CTO
The principle duties for this position consist of participating in a growing team of full time and part time software development engineers in the process of analyzing, designing, coding, debugging, documenting, and supporting customer-facing applications for Platformatics. The position includes interfacing with customers and partners in order to gather application requirements, provide training and troubleshooting assistance, and provide application integration assistance.
- Participates in a team of software engineers in completing tasks within time and budget including translating project requirements into a project plan and individual tasks.
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Encodes project requirements by converting workflow information into computer language.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Creates and modifies computer programs by converting project requirements into code.
- Mentors other software engineering resources.
- Handles technical support calls from customers and vendors; supports questions on technical functions, system integration, and system requirements.
- Supports installation in the field; diagnoses technical errors; works with contractors on site to ensure full functionality of the system by the time installation is complete; configures network, server and hardware on-site as needed.
- BS is computer science, technology, programming, or similar degree required
- Programming (C, C# / .Net, Java Script, Angular JS, SQL)
- Customer Service
- Software Design
- Testing & Attention to Detail
- General Programming Skills
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Analyzing Information
- Software Algorithm Design
- Software Performance Tuning
- Software Debugging, Development Fundamentals, Documentation & Testing
- Networking (preferred but not required)
- Servers (preferred but not required)
- Cloud Structures (preferred but not required)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job responsibility required by his or her supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Engineer: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Relocation Assistance Provided:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job