WE ARE HIRING! TSG (The Sasser Group) HAS OPENINGS WITHIN OUR COMPANY AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES LIKE YOU!! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WANTING TO LEARN MORE, APPLY TODAY!!!
TS/SCI is required
DoD 8570 certification required; minimum certification is Security+ CE. Other desired certifications: CISSP, CASP; ITIL
This is a permanent position as a System Engineer supporting the ITEMS contract in the Development/Operations (DEVOPS) section. The role of the System Engineer is to design, develop, write, document and implement software automation tools, modules, and products in support of the ISP objectives. Supports and/or installs software applications in large scale deployments. Consults on investigation and resolution of discrepancy reports. Provide technical input for complex support issues. Act as a technical liaison between internal teams. Provide assistance to engineers and support staff globally. Define programming practices and standards. Generates test software and conducts unit level test cases. Supports design reviews and other reviews and control gates as necessary. Work with large globally distributed datasets, ascertaining metrics and meaning.
Duties and qualifications, identifying both essential and marginal duties:
- Strong background in object oriented programming with C#, .NET, and PowerShell.
- Significant expertise in the Microsoft stack, including the Windows API.
- Strong working knowledge of Systems Administration of Widows based platforms including server and workstation operating systems.
- Aptitude to work with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Aptitude to troubleshoot software related issues in a fast paced operational setting.
- Basic working knowledge of Software Version Control systems, including Subversion.
- Passion for problem solving in time sensitive situations.
- A plus would be experience with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- A plus would be experience with Python.
- Self motivated, self-directing, and aggressively communicative.
The visual acuity to work on a computer for extended periods of time, a means to move from one workstation to another, and the ability to communicate with other employees and clients.
Education, Skill, and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related field and at least 8-10 years relevant work experience.
- 4+ years object oriented programming, with background in C# or .Net language preferred.
- Experience running production infrastructure for high availability.
- Fundamental networking knowledge, including OSI model and TCP/IP.
- Proven time management skills are required.
- A background in sound software engineering practices is required.
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and practices is required.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills are required.
- Knowledge of software packaging technologies – Windows Installer, Wise, AdminStudio, or similar packaging technologies is desired.
- Experience with NGA programs and NGA facilities are a plus.
- Current IA Certification: Security + preferred. Cert must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Supports software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems)
- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Analyzes and studies customer requirements to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy their needs
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and also adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
- Coordinates creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
- Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development lifecycle.
Skills & Tasks: Exceptionally Complex - researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance. Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
Individual Work / Teamwork or Leadership / Management: Leadership/ Management - Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
Guidance: Directs multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
Education/Min Years Experience: HS/GED -- 10 years experience, Associates -- 8 years experience, Bachelors -- 6 years experience, Masters -- 4 years experience, PhD -- 2 years experience
Job Type: Contract