To review the quality policies, communications, programs and practices to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved. May develop changes to plans and/or methodology. Provides recommendations for improvements in order to meet program objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Performing internal audits.
2. Addressing nonconformities from previous internal and external audits.
3. Conducting a management review of the quality system.
4. Following-up on and closing pending preventive and corrective action requests.
5. Insuring that organizational systems and training is in place.
6. Preparing the organization for the AITF 16969 audit.
7. Ensuring that documentation and design controls are appropriate for the organization.
8. Administering document control and configuration the management system.
9. Overseeing established calibration and testing program.
10. Assisting the management team and provide QA support as necessary.
11. Maintaining the design history file.
12. FMEA, 8D and SPC
13. Customer quality issues and problem solving to include customer communication & customer visits as required.
14. Manage production part builds and layouts as it pertains to PPAP.
15. Generate inspection plans, reporting formats, or performance indicators for specific process areas.
16. Coordinate the work of the Quality Department.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent.
2. 5 plus years of work experience in quality assurance, should be combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a quality assurance manager, and with satisfying customers.
3. Experience in automotive seating.
1. Performance Management
2. Technical Capacity
3. Organizational Skills
6. Teamwork Orientation
7. Problem Solving/Analysis
8. Computer Proficiency
9. Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel including customers & suppliers
10. APQP, SPC, FMEA, & 8D Problem Solving
11. AIAG Methods
12. Blue Print Reading
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting and on the plant floor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quality Engineer: 1 year (Preferred)
- quality assurance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply