Nexant is currently seeking a Full Stack Developer /Senior Salesforce Developer for our Software team at our office in Madison, WI. This is a great leadership opportunity for someone that ones to make a mark in the company as an SME on Salesforce! This position will work on a wide range of software products that fundamentally changes how utilities manage business processes and customer initiatives for energy efficiency, renewable energy, demand response, and water conservation. We are looking for candidates who want to work on things that make an impact on the world and are passionate about product craftsmanship.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing enhancements to the Salesforce platform, providing technical support for integrated applications as well as maintaining requirements.
- Effectively communicate with non-technical audience to understand business needs and explain complex systems and technical topics in clear and concise manner.
Full Stack Software Dev
- Building applications using custom objects, approval processes, workflow rules, validation rule formula fields, record types, page layouts, etc.
- Assist in writing custom code using Apex and Lightning, correlating with the company vision.
- Develop custom solutions in Visual Force, Apex, Java, and other key contributing technologies.
- Write test class code coverage and execute unit tests.
- Manage source control repository and review code to ensure quality development.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically, grasps new and ground breaking concepts quickly, and finds creative solutions to complex problems
- Develop an architectural approach to meet key business objectives
- Understanding the technical requirements to build and release Infrastructure.
- Work with BAs/Utilities to understand high-level requirements and manage architectural/managerial work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of software design and development experience with Salesforce
- Salesforce Platform Developer II or System Architect certification highly preferred.
- Experience with DevOps practices and supporting production software
- Advanced knowledge of Lightning designing and developing Lightning components and deploying to Lightning Communities.
- Custom development skills using Aura, Lightning Design System (LDS), Lightning App Builder, communities customization.
- Experience developing with Lightning Web Components
- Knowledgeable in Workflow automation with Workflows
- Skilled in developing and customizing Salesforce applications using Apex, Visualforce, and Force.com APIs.
- Release & environment management (i.e.: deployments).
- Understanding of Salesforce governor limits and remediation plans
- Experience with Integrating external REST interfaces and ETL.
- Knowledge of creating roles, profiles, page layouts, workflow rules, and approval processes.
- Experience in UI design and prototyping.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
- Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management, and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
- Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
- Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals. This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- software development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Salesforce Development: 4 years (Preferred)
- Design/Development in Lightning components and deployment: 4 years (Preferred)
- Back-end development in .NET, Go, or Java.: 4 years (Preferred)
- Custom development using Aura, Lightning Design System (LDS): 4 years (Preferred)
- Salesforce Developer (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- Yes: H-1B work authorization
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply