Doppelmayr USA Inc is currently seeking qualified Electrical Engineers to work in our Salt Lake City, Utah office. The electrical engineer will be responsible for providing standards, methods and oversight for electrical projects. The ideal candidate will maintain a professional attitude and demeanor while working with customers, other colleagues, and authorities. A high degree of enthusiasm to work hard, long hours, and pride in one’s work will help make the ideal candidate successful.
- Performs electrical project engineering activities for routine, and complex projects, including on-site commissioning activities.
- Ensures design and implementation of control circuits (24VDC and 575VAC and below) are compliant with applicable codes and standards (ie ANSI B77.1, Z98, NEC, etc.).
- Provides support to the Customer Service department with troubleshooting when necessary
- Perform safety analysis of complex software and control circuits.
- Develop and perform workshop testing procedures to ensure compliance with required codes and internal standards.
- Experience with Pilz safety, Siemens, Beckhoff, Allen Bradley control hardware and associated programming suites
- Understanding of PLC and relay logic control system design principles and practices, electrical circuit diagrams and symbols
- Provides support to the sales team throughout the quotation and bidding process.
- Ensures the company and internal quality objectives are met.
- Represents the department at management meetings as required
- Excellent communication with co-workers, customers, suppliers and regulatory authorities
- Ability to productively work in mountainous environment during any season.
- Maintain professionalism when communicating with customers as well as domestic and international colleagues.
- Ability to productively work in mountainous environments during any season.
- Desire to learn new tasks and procedures.
- Ability to travel up to 10% from Jan. through Aug. and up to 100% from sept. through Dec.
- Anything else as conditions dictate.
- Familiarity with hydraulic system controls
- Proficiency with using ISO 13849-1 and ISO 13849-2 to guide hardware and software requirements
- Leadership and management skills
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or equivalent Electrical CAD software
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Automation
- EIT or the ability to obtain
- Electrical P.E.
- Manufacturer’s training in automation hardware and software
- Manufacturer’s training in AC and DC drive systems
- 0-3 years of Electrical Engineering or Control Systems Engineering
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Driver's License (Required)
Willingness To Travel: