As a Senior UI/UX Engineer at Unite, you will help us take our soon-to-be released portal to the next level by designing and developing beautiful, cross browser, multi-lingual UIs which are accessible to those with disabilities. You will collaborate with brilliant engineers, patients, and scientists to help ensure that we continue to build world-class platforms with novel and continuously improving features. You will have the freedom to be proactive, take ownership of projects, and work with dedicated individuals who share your goals and vision. If you have an innate passion to make a mark in the lives of patients and families with rare diseases, we want to meet you!
Unite Genomics, Inc. is an American health technology startup located in San Mateo, California, founded in 2016. Our co-founders asked themselves at the UC Berkeley campus how they can help the most patients in the shortest time. They saw the potential for a massive acceleration of progress, if they could help each patient unlock the power of their own personal data. We are focused on advancing medicine through large-scale analysis of genomic and health data. Our mission is to harness the power of the patient data to accelerate the creation of therapies and cures, and help patients get better faster. We each have a place in the fight against rare diseases -- we empower everyone to take an active role in accelerating progress, from individual patients to international organizations. Proudly venture-backed by NEA, Viking Global Investors, among others.
What we’re looking for:
- BS degree, or equivalent training or work experience;
- 7+ years related experience
- Expert level understanding of web development required
- 3+ years of experience doing UI development with React, React Hooks, ECMASCript
- Significant experience with UI and Data Visualization tools, frameworks, and concepts: material-ui, CSS, typography concepts, eCharts, ChartJS, D3 etc.
- Significant experience with UI Testing tools and methods - Cypress, Jest, Mocha, Chai, Cypress for Component/Integration Tests.
- Significant experience with software engineering tools, methods, and best practices: Git, PyCharm, WebStorm, GitHub, Pull Requests, Code Reviews, Documentation, Code Quality Tools such as eslint, prettier, etc.
- Experience contributing in teams that build and operate distributed systems in a cloud environment.
- Experience with common engineer collaboration frameworks and tools: Agile, Scrum, PRs, Code Reviews, Jira, Confluence, Design Patterns
- Familiarity with OAuth, JWT and HTTP Authentication methods
Preferred but not required:
- UI/UX Design experience and abilities is a plus: ability to design simple/elegant and Attractive UIs.
- Experience with backend development is a plus: Python/Django, REST, performant SQL, JSON and JSON Query Languages, Postgres, Docker.
What you’ll do:
- Create and lead front-end implementation of new data visualization features that help users get the most out of their data by presenting it in the most effective and valuable ways
- Create and lead front-end implementation of notifications systems that make it effortless for users to know when to take action and maintain up-to-date data that can be contributed to research
- Create and lead front-end implementation of new features that enable patient-users with no treatment options to find, apply, and get into clinical trials 10x faster than can today
- Be a thought leader in web front-end technologies and techniques to guide internal best practices and lead projects that improve our existing features and code base
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary will depend upon experience and equity option is available
- Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits
- Non-match 401K plan (immediate opt-in)
No search firms. Unite Genomics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.
How to apply:
If you match the above competencies and the desired traits in this role excite you, we would love to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $144,000.00 - $170,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- UI development: 3 years (Required)
- related: 5 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19