EPS Corporation is currently seeking a MECHANICAL OR AEROSPACE DESIGNER/ENGINEER, TECHNICAL DATA PACKAGE (TDP) to join our Information Management Solutions group in our Lexington Park (Patuxent River), MD office.
This position, provides subject matter expert support in TDP acquisition, sustainment, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), TDP policy, and infrastructure. Scope includes both legacy 2D and 3D Model-Based TDP products: 2D Engineering drawings and associated lists, 3D model-based definition (MBD) product and manufacturing data, and configuration management elements and integration within and across the environments of Data Providers, and Data Users.
The candidate will assist in the planning and managing acquisition of TDP Logistics efforts, and will provide subject matter expertise, guidance, analysis, and support for TDP lifecycle management to include the following duties:
- Expert knowledge and experience in conducting TDP related reviews and audits of engineering drawings, product design data, Physical Configuration Audits, and complex drawing/model reviews to determine the adequacy of a TDP.
- Expert knowledge in American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) Standards and practices relating to annotated models, engineering drawings, associated lists, and other areas of standardization relating to engineering drawing practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DOD and Navy Lifecycle Integrated Logistics Support and familiarity with Commercial/Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) production methods, and business processes relating to the development of product design and definition data.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of all aspects of TDP elements and products as applicable to complex systems, including 2D and 3D TDPs and Model Based Definition (MBD) practices and standards.
- Knowledge of current and evolving government and industry standards for MBD and Model Based Enterprise (MBE) concepts.
- Knowledge of contracting practices, including Performance Based Logistics and approaches to managing TDPs under such arrangements.
- Knowledge of Data Rights and there impacts on competitive sustainment.
- Ability to perform process analysis and plan, document, communicate, and implement process improvements.
- Provide program support during Physical Configuration Audit activities.
- Apply expertise and communication skills in the writing/editing and critiquing of documentation relevant to TDPs.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Design/Engineering is required.
Minimum Experience Requirement:
Five (5) Years of TDP experience working in direct support of Defense life-cycle logistics.
Allowable Substitution for Bachelor’s Degree:
An additional six (6) years of TDP experience working in direct support of Defense Life-cycle Logistics.
If you require accessibility assistance for open position, please contact the Human Resources Department (Located in NJ) at EPS Corporation.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) / AA
Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled / LGBT are encouraged to apply
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year