Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are motivated by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. Space values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company is seeking energized individuals who are passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow. We have an opportunity for a Program Quality Engineer at our Clearfield, Utah location. You will be supporting our FBM program within Space Operations.
We invite you to join our team in keeping this nation and our allies secure and enjoy a career with tremendous impact beyond any one individual. We offer you rare career opportunities and challenges in a program with a rich history and exciting future.
Your role as Quality Engineer will include:
o Being the point of contact for suppliers and quality issues as well as engage with internal suppliers, product centers, and subcontractors/suppliers.
o Ensuring the proper flow-down of quality requirements, interpret contract requirements and tailor the requirements to individual suppliers. You will lead efforts to resolve issues with conflicting requirements.
o Participation on the material review board, performing surveillance of manufacturing processes and verifying that the effective corrective action is implemented to resolve the root cause of discrepancies.
o You will create and maintain Quality Inspection Instructions, identify quality deficiencies and follow up on corrective actions. You will also generate and report quality metrics.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin strives for an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
- Root Cause Analysis experience or training.
- Familiar with manufacturing processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- As a successful member of the team that delivers exceptional results, you will need superb communication skills and be able to develop rapport with multiple partners.
- Your dedication to support mission requirements will require working overtime and odd shifts as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
- US citizenship required
- Experience with solid rocket motor, nozzle and igniter manufacturing processes.
- Experience performing quality management systems audits.
- Non-Destructive Test experience.
- Experience performing First Article Inspections.
- Experience interacting with external customers.
- SAP/ERP experience
- Green Belt training/certification or greater
- ASQ CQE certification
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) and reporting quality metrics experience.
- Possess an understanding of mechanical engineering requirements including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Familiar with AS9100 and DoD 4145.26-M, DoD Contractor's Safety Manual for Ammunition and Explosives.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.