Designs, develops, and supervises all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery. Implementation of projects from the concept, prototype, and production phase. Supports existing automated equipment globally. Drives standards in programming and hardware while pushing for innovations and improvements.
Implementation of proven and newly developed automated equipment
Lead controls designs (Controls requirements, Automation, Integration)
Develop predictive maintenance indicators to increase reliability and reduce downtime – (CBM)
Drive control standards and communicate suggested improvements
Use control standards to develop requirements for automated cells
Robust programming skills - goal is to support production and work on advancements in automation.
Develop PFMECA with defined contingency plan and disaster recovery
Experience with legacy PC programs - PC coding
Willingness to travel globally – up to 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a related field.
- Expert in (RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Balluff I/O link, and Fanuc robot programming).
- Ability to read and create electrical drawings
- Ability to create 2D layout in AutoCAD
- Knowledgeable in MS-Office and AutoCAD
- Must be a self starter, team player, work well with others and have a positive attitude
- PC coding – preferred
- Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy
- Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Understand and communicate applicable safety standards: general industry (OSHA 1910), machine guarding, robot safety (ANSI/RIA 15.06), automated vehicles, conveyor safety
- Completion of Risk Assessments on all automated equipment
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity