We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join #TeamBergmann in our Midwest region!
What You'll Be Doing: Our Electrical Engineers assist in the architectural application of electrical engineering, including power systems, lighting design, generator design, campus electrical infrastructure, etc. Electrical Engineers evaluate, select and apply standard techniques and procedures, using knowledge of building codes and regulations to create/modify designs and drawings. The ability to research code provisions and apply codes and regulations to designs is a must. Prior experience mentoring and coaching younger staff is a plus.
Who We're Looking For: The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, minimum of 10 years electrical (architectural) design experience, specifically with industrial project design. Electrical PE license is a plus but not required.
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- Minimum of 10 years design experience
- Proficient in AGI Lighting Software and REVIT
- A passion for power and lighting design, power system studies and low and medium Voltage design
- Experience working in CAD
- Ability to research code provisions, products, material information, etc.
- Ability to coordinate information exchange between clients, project manager, and project team
- Willingness to mentor new designers and interns
- A team player and be able to work independently also
Our Electrical Engineers also:
- Participate in design development
- Creation of electrical specification packages
- Verify that all design aspects comply with local code and apply code provisions
- Assist in the development of project proposals and client presentations and attend client meetings
- Perform field inspections, measurements or calculations and document
- Assist in research related to material qualities, feasibility, restrictions, etc.
- Suggest new ideas and processes, stay informed of developments in practice areas, and view obstacles as opportunities
All other duties as assigned. We won't ask you to do things way outside your scope, but we are one #TeamBergmann, so "Not my job" is not an option!
EEO/AA including Veterans and Disabled'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $29.00 - $49.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Electrical Engineering (Architectural): 5 years (Preferred)
- AGI Lighting Software: 2 years (Preferred)
- Revit: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations