CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER
From natural gas liquids, Aeropres is the largest manufacturer of ecologically safe propellants. We deliver our products all over the world by rail, truck and barge. We operate safely and with respect to minimize our environmental impact. We are searching for a talented Control Systems Engineer for our Morris, Illinois manufacturing facility.
The Control Systems Engineer is responsible for process control system performance and technical assurance for our Midwestern operations. The Control Systems Engineer enables operations to efficiently and safely manage operating the gas process control system, telemetry systems, and other electronic control systems.
- Work with Instrumentation and Maintenance Technicians to troubleshoot and maintain Plant Automation control systems and software.
- Assist Technicians with calibration of all plant instruments including pressure transmitters, flow meters, temperature transmitters, and level devices.
- Program, trouble shoot, and validate PLC programs and Operator HMIs.
- Inspect and assist in the repair of process heater controls, ESV’s, Plant Air systems as required.
- Evaluate, Identify and Communicate opportunities for improvement to Plant Manager
- Assist with scheduling of Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) product deliveries as indicated through telemetry monitoring.
- Be a resource for customer Telemetry systems to resolve communication and functional issues. This may include travelling to customer sites as necessary if issues cannot be resolved remotely
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Control Systems Engineering
- Able to work with diverse groups
- Ability to work with complex problems with a systematic problem-solving approach
- Good organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Understand advanced electronics, and apply rules as governed by the National Electric Code.
- Working knowledge of multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and diagnostic test equipment.
- Understanding of power distribution systems and electricity
- Basic computer skills such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Aeropres is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes